Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK all digi trail cam users, I have some questions for you. >

OK all digi trail cam users, I have some questions for you.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK all digi trail cam users, I have some questions for you.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default OK all digi trail cam users, I have some questions for you.

I'm looking for a new digital trail cam, now that they are getting affordable. I have 2 35mm trailtimers that have worked awesome. What I'm most concerned about is battery life. What is the battery life on some of the units? Also, I'd like something that is at least 2 megapixel. I really don't hear much about the battery life on the digi's. Any of them last a couple months like my trailtimers?? any info????

Old 08-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OK all digi trail cam users, I have some questions for you.

3 MONTHS WITH CUDDEBACK

MINE IS ONLY 1.3 MEGAPIXEL - BUT THE RESOLUTION IS GOOD FOR ME.

fh
Old 08-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is your definition of affordable?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:11 PM

Hey, Walmart (as much as I hate them) has Moultrie Game Spy 100's on sale for like $98... The best I can tell they're almost identical to the Game Spy I bought about a year ago and have had excellent results from...

Heres a sample of the low resolution quality (high res is much better, but I don't have any pic's on this computer)

Old 08-31-2005, 09:23 PM

No matter what unit, your not gonna get the battery life of a 35mm unit with a digital unit. I personally have the Trail Mac digital and I am very impressed with this unit. With just standard alkaline batteries, I can usually get a 100 or more pics, rechargeables get around 200 pics, and if you are willing to spend a little more cash, the NiHm batteries will get over 500 pics (all flash pictures). This unit can be customized to allow you to use car batteries to power the unit if you want to.

As far as picture quality goes, I let this photo do the talking for me.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

what is the battery life like on the moultrie?

I'm looking to get something under $150.

I checked and I've spend $298 just in the last year on film and developing of trail cam pics. ugh! (and yes i'm a bit 'financially anal').
Old 08-31-2005, 09:57 PM

RackLuster... Battery life is like Buck Magnet said, kinda crappy on all digitals, but one thing I like about the Moultrie is that it uses a 6V lantern type battery which lasts aboutthree weeks or sofor me with about 300-400 pics (with flash) in that time.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:58 PM

the digital camera is just the start. Most have memory cards that extend the amount of pictures it will hold. Mine uses SD cards the 128 meg one was 20 bucks at walmart. I got two so I don't have to pull the camera each time I want to see the pictures. just exchange the cards. the reader was 26 bucks at walmart to get the pictures into a computer so 99 for the wildview which is a low resolution camera plus the 70 bucks for the extras. Oh the batteries on the wildview last about a month but it took a lot of night pictures during that month. I think it took about 400 pictures and just over half were at night. 4 c cells not bad for a digital.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ummmm.........I actually get like 3000-5000 pics outta my Leaf River on a set of batteries. I was taking over 100 pics a night last winter from March until the beginning of June before it ran out of juice. Only thing I don't like about it is that the trigger speed on the camera isn't very fast. I still get great photos though.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:54 AM

Homebrew digital... 2AA batteries for the camera last 2 weeks. 9v for the sensor last 6-9 months. Additional battery packs can be wired up if longer camera power is needed but I don't know of many guys that wait 1 week to check their camera.

Quick Reply: OK all digi trail cam users, I have some questions for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.