Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Hunting Release >

Best Hunting Release

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Hunting Release

Old 08-31-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Best Hunting Release

What is the best hunting bow release out there. I have been using the same model for about 10 years and I 'm sure they have improved alot. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best Hunting Release

For trigger style releases its hard to beet a Scott mongoose for the price and quality. I'm shooting a Tru-Ball thumb trigger for hunting. It's to easy for me to punch a index finger trigger release.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

I use this one. I like it because I can put it on early and tuck it in my shirt sleeve and go about whatever I'm doing, carrying, climbing, etc., without it being in the way. Then once I get settled in it is easy to pull out from the sleeve and ready to go. http://www.amback.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=55782
Old 08-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

My vote goes to the Scott Mongoose for a quality release at a decent price. Though I've had my eye on a couple of the Carter releases lately.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

try some out at an archery shop. just don't get one like me and my brother started out with, evry time we pulled back it would release and we would punch ourselves in the mouth[:@]
Old 08-31-2005, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It depends on the shooter. You need to play around and see what fits you. Personally I have tried Scott, different rope releases. My last release was 75 dollars. You know what I use for hunting. A $20 Cobra. It just suits me better than the others. Personal preference.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:36 PM

Look up Stacey Archery on the net, and look at the 4-Play. Ive used this one for 4 years now and its the best release Ive ever tried, second Id say is the Scott Mongoose, or Little Goose.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Their alot like bows. Shoot the one that feels best to you.
I've shot $100 hunting releases and found myself falling into a shooting funk (NOT target panic), then switching to a $25 release and hitting everything I aim at.
Right now I'm using a Scott leather w/bucklewrist strap (from the Itty Bitty Goose) with a Copper John Eagle head/trigger.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: s. il. hntr

try some out at an archery shop. just don't get one like me and my brother started out with, evry time we pulled back it would release and we would punch ourselves in the mouth[:@]
I did that a couple weeks ago. That's what I get for using a $14 release.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out and just bought a new hunting release. I typically only shoot back tension or a thumb trigger for 3D, or other practice. I really like TRU Ball products but couldn't justify buying a $70 release to shoot with 2-3 weeks out of the year. I bought the Cobra Green Mamba single caliper for $37 and I was drilling a 3" spot with it every time last night at 50 yards. I couldn't be happier and think it may be the best buy out there in it's price range.

Quick Reply: Best Hunting Release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.