Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK.. now i think that ive heard em all.... >

OK.. now i think that ive heard em all....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK.. now i think that ive heard em all....

Old 08-30-2005, 12:05 PM

Default OK.. now i think that ive heard em all....

My neighbor moved in yesterday. I was talking to him and he says that he is also a bow hunter which is a cool thing. He wassaying that his brother had been bowhunting for 17 years and he hasnt bagged a deer.Well this one night he came really close...... supposedly it was the last day of the season still no luck and he said to himself :"if i dont get one today then im gonna quit hunting" Well sure enough he didnt see a thing. So he takes off for hischerokee and speeds off. about 3 miles down the road a monster buck jumps outinfront of his cherokee and he nails it. Well the deer actuall spun off around the drivers side ... broke the back window.... and left a big pile of **** in the back seat...... When he stopped the jeep to look at the deer he "killed" it magicly arose and hobbled back off into the woods..............................wow
Old 08-30-2005, 12:10 PM

Default RE: OK.. now i think that ive heard em all....

the turd in the back seat seals the deal.

good call

I've actually had a guy tell me that he was hunting from the ground and a doe TRIPPED over his leg. agile little creature, aren't they?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not going to say that this story is or isn't true cause I wasn't there but don't be so quick to dismiss that story. Deer are amazingly resiliant animals.

That wouldn't be the first time a deer got hit by a car and walked away. People kill (shoot) deer every year with busted up legs, shoulders, antlers, etc...

Old 08-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

You sure the turd wasnt human ???
Old 08-30-2005, 12:56 PM

LOl I was going to ask the same thing.My sister hit a doe one evening turned around to go back to work and have someone check out her car.The same doe ran back out and hit her in the other side of the car.Talk about some bad luck.Since that day she has been behind my hunting a 100%.
I cant say I do not totally believe the deal about the deer poop in the car.When the body came around it could have flung it in the window by momentum.it is possable.I know if I was in the process of getting hit by a car I would probably relieved myself at the same time also.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:08 PM

yes, it is possible, but so are 450 yd running neck shots
Old 08-30-2005, 01:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes but a deer getting hit by a car and getting up to limp away is much much much more probable than a person being 99.9% accurate on 450 yards running neck shots.

I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 99.9% more probable.

Thousands of deer get hit by cars every year and walk away. They may die later from internal injuries or bleeding but they wallk away from the scene of the accident.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:19 PM

It is possible but it seems a little too much like a jeff foxwothy story
Old 08-30-2005, 01:37 PM

big, i wasn't refering to the toughness of a whitetail, everybody here has seen wounded deer do miraculous things, but the duece in the back seat just seems hard to swallow(yuck!)

if it looks like $%&, and smells like $#@!.....

story also came from a guy who was on a 17 year cold streak
Old 08-31-2005, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was young my mom hit a half rack buck with her car. Nailed it buck it managed to limp into the woods. A bout a week later on our way home from school the same (I assume) half racker came out and she nailed it again!!! Killed it this time.

Quick Reply: OK.. now i think that ive heard em all....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.