Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 to all climber users... >

to all climber users...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

to all climber users...

Old 08-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default to all climber users...

I just purchased my first climbing stand. It is similar to the Hunters View climber. How do I put the stands together in order to pack it around? My stand didn't come with any back-pack straps so I'm gonna have to find something. Also how do you keep your stands together tightly so they don't rattle and make a loud noise? I'm thinking I might have to use some felt or friction tape in places where they are gonna touch. The stand comes with a strap to put around the stand once you are situated in your spot to secure it, but it isn't a ratchet type, you pull it tight and it just doesn't keep the stands tight together when transporting. I'm open to any tips and suggestions on how to sneak in quietly. Thanks
Old 08-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: to all climber users...

Try a bungee cord.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:38 PM

i only use climber stands because i hunt only public. what i use is a rachet strap, it holds it very tight no noise. and it works well for a secure hold on the tree. as far as carring straps, i look for old back packs from yard sales, $1-2 for it. works very well.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

I use a ratchet strap to hold mine together when transporting it to my hunting spot,, plus the ratchet strap will help hold it tight to the tree, no movement,, no noise.. works very well..
Old 08-29-2005, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also use a ratchet strap to keep them secure while moving them. As far as backpack straps go I purchased the API deluxe padded straps for $15 from Bass Pro Shops.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Same as the last 3 posts! Works well and safe!
Old 08-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Fork Horn

I use heavy duty velcro straps. I actual use the ones that I had left over from my years of playing hockey in a previous life. (Used the straps to keep the knee pads on and my leggings up.)
Old 08-30-2005, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

Mine (Buckshot Equalizer)came with a rope ratchet. I've seen them on TV and in hardware stores, it works great and is quiet to tighten and loosen.http://www.roperatchet.com/video.shtml
Old 08-30-2005, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

shouldve got a summit viper!
Old 08-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

I'm in the same boat as you. I bought a climbing tree stand (no it wasn't a Summit Viper...I'm poor ) and I'm having to outfit it to use. I bought a set of shoulder straps from OutdoorSuperStore.com for $8.25. http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/sto...tID~272199.htm
I thought about it yesterday and I remembered that I have two army backpacks with padded shoulder straps that I could've used. I don't know if they are long enough or if they would've attached to the stand...but it is too late now.

I am using the pull strap that came with the stand to secure it to the tree but I think I am going to go with the rachet type after reading this post (thanks). I am going to attach one to the foot climber as well. I like the idea of it being secured to the tree. Use these straps to secure the two climbing pieces together for transport. My stand came with a small bungee cord to attach the climbers together for climbing so you don't loose the foot climber if your feet slide out. I secured that small bungee to my stand to go behind my boot heels to hold my feet in the straps. I am using two cinch straps (old army cinch straps) that have interlocking ends so they won't come off...unlike rachet straps that only have a hook. I am also using an old pull cinch strap for a utility strap around the tree to hang my backpack. I will slide one hook through the strap loop at the base of the second hook and use that hook to hang my pack. I have another strap that I am thinking about cutting the hooks off of and threading them on the strap so I can have three hooks to hang things on. I also cut a piece of camo cloth, folded it in half and added four strings. I will tie it to the stand once I get up the tree as a sniper blind around the arm rest. I will try to get a picture of the stand this weekend....

Quick Reply: to all climber users...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.