Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need Some Advice >

Need Some Advice

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need Some Advice

Old 08-29-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Need Some Advice

My draw lenght has changed from 30" to 31" I had just retuned my bow and thought everything was ok until I started shooting and my shots were not consistence. While puzzled I went to my local pro shop explained my issue he thought that my draw lenght might have chagned. I thought no way but when he measued me i measued a 31" draw. So my question is do make the switch and get a new bow that fits correctly, or just sit the season out and get one next year? I really would like to hunt but with my shots not being consistence I definetly don't want to wound the animal. If I get a new bow I have some time to adjust and I can always start to hunt later in the season.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Need Some Advice

What other excuse do you need to get yourself a new bow .If your a die hard bowhunter ,you'll be shopping today.

nubo
Old 08-29-2005, 07:49 AM

nubo is rite, there isnt a better excuse. Go for the new bow!
Old 08-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

crazy, do you have any cam adjustment to make up the 1" difference in draw length? If not, you may be able to purchase new cams to get the 31" you need rather than spend the money for a new bow.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you realize how fortunate you are ? You actually have a perfectly valid reason to replace that bow, to possibly wound an animal would be unethical etc........!
You can get that past your wife easy. Hell you can probably pull off a new site and rest along with the bow !!! Strike now !
Old 08-29-2005, 08:09 AM

Yeah my cam can be set to 30.5" which we tried but it still did't feel right. I think im leaning towards a new bow, but my bubble got busted...the one that i really wanted don't come in a 31" draw...aka Switchback. Im llooking at the VTEC and the XTEC, have shot them both and like them alot.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah my cam can be set to 30.5" which we tried but it still did't feel right. I think im leaning towards a new bow, but my bubble got busted...the one that i really wanted don't come in a 31" draw...aka Switchback.
Welcome to my world. You have just effectively eliminated every flagship bow from all of the major bow manufacturers from your list of choices.

Start looking at some of the older designs and/or the longer axle to axle length models as that will be all that fits you.

...on the other hand, you now gained about 10 fps....
Old 08-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know this will sound like an advertisement, but look at the Martin line for longer draw draws. They have a couple bows that go up to 36" draw, depending on bow, limb, cam combination.

You don't say whether you're married, but depending on that you just don't realize that you got the world by the gonads. You still got lots of time to travel around and try all the new stuff out---and this out of necessity. There is another option if you're so set on a Switchback. 30.5" + a string loop. Or a twist or two in the cable. Man, you gota lot of options right in front of you. Of course, knowing me, I'd opt for a longer A2A to go along with that long draw, but with my 27" draw I still prefer a longer A2A.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:34 AM

Or you could just buy an overdraw for $50.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:25 PM

Have you tried putting twists in the sting to shortin the draw lenght. It will shortin it some, But don't know if it will shortin it an inche.

Quick Reply: Need Some Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.