Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help...

Old 08-28-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Help...

I just now got done shooting my bow.I have a Golden Key 3D Rover rest. Everytime afterI shootI can hear my rest.. It sounds like a "twang". I know its the rest because I have done checks and pinpointed it. I dont know if its a bad spring or what. But it gets on my nerves pretty bad. I shoot a patriot vft. And for some reason it has always had a whole bunch of hand shock. I can't get rid of it. Im getting a new stabilizer here soon. But I was thinking instead of trying to figure out whats wrong with my rest. I thought about just getting a whisker biscuit. I shoot my bow just for hunting and its a good hunting rest... What do you think is wrong with my 3D rover?
Thanks
Old 08-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help...

When I was shooting a 3D Rover, I put a small piece of moleskin over the elevation adjustment screw to cushion it. I didn't like the metal to metal noise it was making. Naturally I had to reset the elevation after that, but I carefully measured the height of the prongs before putting the moleskin on, so it was no problem.

Don't know about the twang soud though. Check for fletching contact. I assume you've got teflon sleeves on the prongs. If not, you need 'em. Then try wrapping the base of the prongs with moleskin. Might also tighten up the return spring tension a little and see if that helps.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:44 PM

I totally agree with aurthur. Molskin is the way to go...what do you have covering the rest,. do you have tephlon, shrink tube, if nothing somthing like that can really help
Old 08-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

When I was shooting a 3D Rover, I put a small piece of moleskin over the elevation adjustment screw to cushion it. I didn't like the metal to metal noise it was making.
Good advice Arthur. Also, if your prongs touch the riser upon release you might want to put a bit of padding on the arrow shelf itself.