Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What broadheads do you shoot?? >

What broadheads do you shoot??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What broadheads do you shoot??

Old 08-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What broadheads do you shoot??

Thinking about switching to expandables. Currently shoot Muzzy 4 blade 100. What does everyone else shot?
Old 08-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What broadheads do you shoot??

sharp pointy ones
Old 08-25-2005, 08:02 PM

100 gr Montec G-5's. It is the first year using them. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

For this year my main head will be a Rocky Mt. "Turbo" 100gr 3 blade (1 1/8")

I was shooting these 2 nights ago and they absolutely fly to the same point of impact as my field points to all ranges, and I'm only shooting 3" r.helical feathers.
They are wicked sharp too.
After shooting multiple spots I shot one and only one group at 30 yds and I should have listened to my gut and avoided that.Even after the2nd arrow slammed tight to the first I still shot the 3rd.
I shaved off 2 feathers and clanked up the blades on 2 heads by actually smacking them together INSIDE the target.

I also have some new Rocky Mt. 3 blade Snyper XP3 and Gator XP mechanicals that I have a feeling won't see too much action......well maybe the Gator will since it has a bigger cutting diameter and will compliment my higher poundage back up bow nicely.

I am extremely impressed with the Turbos. I always have a finely tuned bow/arrow combo and fixed head tuning has never been a problem but you can just tell that these heads are extremely inherently accurate.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:08 PM

anything sharp and strong,
yea thats pretty much it for me to. i can tune my bow to shoot just about all types so, i can use mechanicals to solid steal one piece like i shoot now.
last year i used wasp jac hammers sst mechanicals, infact i still have 3 leftso it is inevitable i will use them again.

PT
Old 08-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

My opinion is that there are WAY WAY too many fixed blade heads out today that will absolutely fly as good or better than mechanicals to even bother with one.

The old excuse of better broadhead flight with a mechanical is out the window.

A quality fixed blade head will never fail to open, it does not use up any energy deploying its blades, they are many times stronger than a mechanical, and they cut a full width hole going in as well as out.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right now I'm shooting Magnus Stinger 100 gr 2 blade heads, but I'm thinking about trying out either some of the new Razobaks or Crossfires from NAP. Sometimes I feel like a woman in a shoe store when I'm trying to choose which archery gear I want to use.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rocket Steelheads have been awesome performers for me. Incredible penetration and ALWAYS a great, full sized entry and exit wound. Not to mention, they are as accurate as ANY b-head you will ever find thanks to their super small fieldpoint profile. An excellent product!

This is the Steelhead XP seies that I used last season. This is the entry wound on a quartering away shot.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:26 PM

these http://www.thewebstation.ca/northpro/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/292
and something similair to these. http://www.thewebstation.ca/northpro/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/94

Havent had a chance to use them yet.

And I have this bow.
http://www.thewebstation.ca/northpro/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/22_30_46/products_id/224
Old 08-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll probably be sticking with my Muzzy 4 blades again this year. Don't have much reason to change. Out of my setup they fly just as well as any of the other broadheads that I have.

Quick Reply: What broadheads do you shoot??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.