Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrow Rest Question >

Arrow Rest Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow Rest Question

Old 08-25-2005, 06:02 AM

Default Arrow Rest Question

I got my new arrows the Easton Axis ST's but I can't shoot them because they don't sit right on my rest. I have a NAP quicktune 800. The Axis ST's are slim and it sits on the rest until I got to pull back then they fall right though it. Can I bend the fork tamers in or should i just put thicker rubber mounts on them?
Old 08-25-2005, 06:15 AM

Default RE: Arrow Rest Question

what's up bro? as to the arrow rest,i would put on thicker rubbers.if you go bending on the forks you just might mess up the dyb=namics of the rest and never get it to shoot right.i had the same problem and thicker rubbers done the trick for me.see ya.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:53 AM

Cool I have some of that heat shrink stuff I will give that a try! Thanks
Old 08-25-2005, 10:19 AM

you mean the rest doesn`t have set screws to loosen so you can turn the launchers closer together.
that sucks.

PT
Old 08-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Anytime arrow make/model/size is changed on a particular setup you should go through and retune your equipment for the new arrows. There are many variable reasons for this, one as the problem you mentioned above. If you cannot do this, be sure to find someone who can assist you, be it family, friend or a quality shop...There is no excuse for a poorly tuned bow.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am a bit confused how your prongs either move as the arrow is drawn or how that Axis gets narrower towards the tip end of the shaft. If the arrow falls through at full draw but not at brace then I would wonder whether your arrow has extra pressure being placed on it as you draw the bow. Is the nock being pinched?
Old 08-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pass_threw

you mean the rest doesn`t have set screws to loosen so you can turn the launchers closer together.
that sucks.

Dito. Buy a better rest.

PT
Old 08-25-2005, 12:38 PM

My bow is in tune with my old arrows and shoots great! For my new arrows when I nock it on my string and I begin to pull back the shaft falls right between the prongs. I didn't even get to 1/4 draw before it fell though. Im going to my pro shop tonight to have it fixed. I was justed to know if it were an easy fix before I drove to my pro shop.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

just looked at your rest and there are set screws on the end of the prongs to adjust the gap. Reset them and retune. If you can move each one a tad to the center than you should be ok. good luck. as I'm just going by the picture.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Dont bend the forks, losen the screw on the base and rotate them. If you have them as close as they will go, then get a new rest.

Quick Reply: Arrow Rest Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.