Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buck of a lifetime, then quit? >

Buck of a lifetime, then quit?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck of a lifetime, then quit?

Old 08-24-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Buck of a lifetime, then quit?

With all this talk about trophies, points, mass etc.... Would you give up deer hunting forever if you were guaranteed the Buck of a lifetimethis season? We're talking Pope & Young/Boone & Crockett records, magazine covers, Scent-lok and Bowtech/ Mathewsknockin on your door for endorsements. The whole nine yards, but you gotta give it up for the rest of your life when all the dust settles.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buck of a lifetime, then quit?

id rather shoot a small buck every year and keep hunting. I'd never give it up no matter how big of a buck i shot. I'm to addicted
Old 08-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

no forever is a loooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time
Old 08-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

With all this talk about trophies, points, mass etc.... Would you give up deer hunting forever if you were guaranteed the Buck of a lifetimethis season?
Definately not.Just dreaming of that big,elusive whitetail coming my way is what makes me want to hit the woods every year.Besides hunting isnt only harvesting an animal,its being out in the outdoors with yourself,friends,family,and mother nature at its best.
Besides what fun would it be if you are guaranteed the world record.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:02 PM

Nope, gotta get out in the woods in the fall and enjoy nature.
Chris
Old 08-24-2005, 11:06 PM

heck no. love hunting to much.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: metro

With all this talk about trophies, points, mass etc.... Would you give up deer hunting forever if you were guaranteed the Buck of a lifetimethis season? We're talking Pope & Young/Boone & Crockett records, magazine covers, Scent-lok and Bowtech/ Mathewsknockin on your door for endorsements. The whole nine yards, but you gotta give it up for the rest of your life when all the dust settles.

NO FREAKING WAY!!

The only thing that will keep me from deer hunting is death.

I'm am more than happy with getting my 90"-110" bucks. I don't need a "trophy" that bad.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:31 AM

You're kidding right? I live in southern Iowa! You have to get a buck to score 135 typical or better just to get in the state record book! How would you like to get an archery kill buck that would get you into the P&Y record book (125 typical) and still not quailfy for your own state record book? And I'm going to hang it up because I killed 1 monster buck? Everytime I go out in the back 40 I have a chance at a new world record. Just check out the Albia buck. That buck was taken about 100 miles east of here. No thx. I'm hunting till I can't get to the treestand anymore. And no the farm is not for sale! LOL
Old 08-25-2005, 01:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I'd be financially set for life, better believe I would. I actually get just as much joy competitive and target shooting and working and tuning bows for others than I get out of hunting. You can only hunt 3 months a year.. You can shoot your bow all year. In Texas, I can bass fish all year round, especially if I'm financially set and dont have to work.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

No

Quick Reply: Buck of a lifetime, then quit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.