Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How can I get rid of these things??????? >

How can I get rid of these things???????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How can I get rid of these things???????

Old 08-23-2005, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How can I get rid of these things???????

feeding corn is a GREAT way to KEEP the hogs in your area. Traps would we the best bet. Here in east texas if you let someone come in with dogs to catch them that usually runs the hogs out at least for acouple months. I had a place with a feeder running there was aways a good chnce the pigs would be there when I was.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:51 AM

Kill 'em all. A .222 or .223 would work nice since the ammo is cheap. You could even use a .22 - whatever does the job. It would be nice target practice also.

If you don't want to do that, then get rid of the corn and food you put out for deer - thats the reason thehogs are there.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:54 AM

In MS if you are a landowner or their representative (boy that's a legal gray area, who decides that? Can the landowner make ANY hunter that shows up a "representative" for a day?) you can take them all year with no limit. Otherwise you have to abide by whatever big game season is in effect at the time you are chasing them. If you are out in Oct you can shoot them with a bow. But you must have a big game bow license. Legal times of 1/2 hour before sunrise too 1/2 hour after sundown also apply. However there are NO limits on them as they are considered pests. BUT for legal classifications the powers that be in MS consider a feral hog, wild pig or Russian Boar a "predatory animal"??? [:-] What do pigs prey upon??? Roots, worms and bugs?

DUMBASS beaurecrats trying to make money out of something that will only cause BIG problems in the long run. They should just throw the doors open, let you shoot em anytime with anything, WITHOUT a license and just go for species extinction before it's to late. BUT that would be the smart thing to do and God knows a governmental agency can't do any such a thing.

They likewise are SMOKING crack with their non-resident license fees. Being a TN resident I'll be damned if I am gonna pay over $300 to hunt in their genetically stunted and overpopulated state (goes for the deer too! )
RA
Old 08-23-2005, 10:16 AM

Put an ad for some trappers, within the state of course to come and take them off your property. These guys should have little impact and can remove quite few for yuo.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:28 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

What masterblaster said, get someone in there with dogs. If you dog them a couple times they will pack up and head to the neighbors.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

There is now hope for you!!LOL!! Just kidding, sounds like you are doing everything that you can..

You can trap the heck out of them and sell them, shoot every one you see, let friends come a kill all they can eat and give away, and you still have hogs showing up.....I feel your pain bro...
Old 08-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ill come for 2-3days
Old 08-23-2005, 12:30 PM

I Could spend a weekend shooting pigs,
Old 08-23-2005, 12:50 PM

I can be there in about an hour. I'll shoot until I run out of arrows

Seriously, just let me know.... The only way to get rid of them is to kill them.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you need some help killing them just let Double Creek know and I will drive down and meet up with him and we can ride down together and put the samck down on a few of them...........if he can hit them[:-] and doesn't mind sharing a vehicle with a compounder

Quick Reply: How can I get rid of these things???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.