HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   OMG i seen a bear 2day while i was squirrel hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/109893-omg-i-seen-bear-2day-while-i-squirrel-hunting.html)

Trapper_Hunter 08-22-2005 05:37 PM

OMG i seen a bear 2day while i was squirrel hunting

I was walking along the road so i took the shell out of the 12 gauge. I heard something to my right and i put the shell back in it and turned the safety off. I seen it making alot of ruckus and stuff I shot in the air to scare it away and that just made it make more noice I shot in the air again and it stopped and just stood there. I started wakling off slowly then like started running... LOL

HEre in KY they have been trying to re astablish the bear population... I have seen quite a bit of them up here where i live. E ven in my front yard... lol.... This is one experience i wont foget..

PABowhntr 08-22-2005 05:38 PM

RE: OMG i seen a bear 2day while i was squirrel hunting

So, did it do anything to actually threaten you..or were you just running for good measure?

:D

Trapper_Hunter 08-22-2005 05:40 PM

LMAO for good measures i want gonna take any chances..

ELKINMTCWB 08-22-2005 05:44 PM

Dont come to Montana. It is not unormal for me to see a grizz most days I elk hunt.Here in Montana dont worie about the bears stay cleer of the moose. They are 5 to 10 times more likly to try to run your but down.

PAhunter86 08-22-2005 06:10 PM

Hunt in pairs, that way when a bear attacks, you just have to run faster than your partner;)

moosehunter21 08-22-2005 06:13 PM

I see bears all the time I have been bluff charged more than once while moose hunting... not fun

Trapper_Hunter 08-22-2005 06:26 PM

This was the 1st time ive actually seen one out hunting..... Ive seem them out driving before tho

lcfirechief 08-22-2005 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: PAhunter86

Hunt in pairs, that way when a bear attacks, you just have to run faster than your partner;)
Spoken like a true hunter!! LMAO

Big John 08-22-2005 07:12 PM

Start carrying a camera around like I do.

bigbulls 08-22-2005 07:33 PM

Running for good measure huh????

You do know that a bear is a predator and as such has an instinct to chase down anything that is running from it???????????????

Never Never run from a bear. No matter what it is doing. You are lucky the bear was uninterested in you.