Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OMG i seen a bear 2day while i was squirrel hunting >

OMG i seen a bear 2day while i was squirrel hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OMG i seen a bear 2day while i was squirrel hunting

Old 08-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OMG i seen a bear 2day while i was squirrel hunting

come on trapper i need your help in the deer contest and you're out trying to get yourself eaten chasing squirrels!!! [:@]
Old 08-23-2005, 02:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

A black bear I quess ??? It wasnt going to hurt you. Most black bears are not vicious. Running was the worse thing you could of done
Old 08-23-2005, 08:13 AM

I agree never run... at least not until after you throw $#!t in his eyes......and believe me turn around and look down and you will see a fresh hot steaming pile of $#!t that you can throw!
Old 08-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes ! I agree never run from a bear ,just walk slowly till he's a way's back and never take your eye's off the bugger .Most black bear's will run from you unless your a threat ,to her young one's .
I've seen many bear's while moose hunting and they generally will run from you if you surprise them.

nubo
Old 08-23-2005, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO for good measures i want gonna take any chances..

lol-How was the squrrel hunting after seeing that bear?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:33 AM

Give the guy a break. He said he walked off slowly at first. Remember bears can't see very well. So before we jump on him, we should learn how far he walked slowly away before running. If he walked a 100 yards before running the bear probably didn't even see him.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't say for sure how I would react if I saw a bear in the wil because I have never seen one up close. I am sure I would be scared but I think I would be to scared to turn my back on him. I would probably shoot in the air to run him off if he was really close and then if he didn't leave I would put another shell in and keep the gun pointed at thim incase I had to shoot him or her.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:37 AM

Why take your saftey off because you hear something. Shouldint you identify your target before. And then you started shooting and you didint even know what the rustling sound was. Let me know if your ever hunting in northwest pa, Im gonna get out of the woods.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Silent,I tried what you are saying and it didn't work at all!I fired in the air 3 times and the only thing that happened was me losing 3 arrows!
Old 08-23-2005, 10:40 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: jsasker

Silent,I tried what you are saying and it didn't work at all!I fired in the air 3 times and the only thing that happened was me losing 3 arrows!
[/quot
That what you get for using all those dampeners! I get nervous myself when I hunt in the mountains. i've gotten a couple pics on my gamecam of bears in the 4-500 lbs range and it is pretty thick with mountain laurels. I don't like surprises!e]

Quick Reply: OMG i seen a bear 2day while i was squirrel hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.