Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
shockwaves? the way to go? >

shockwaves? the way to go?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shockwaves? the way to go?

Old 09-27-2002, 08:40 AM

Default shockwaves? the way to go?

myquestion regarding the shockwaves are these--how true do they fly compared to field points? are they really as great as they say, as far as bone penetration? that huge splitting head on them looks mean, but how effective is it, and how much does it effect flight patterns?
Old 09-27-2002, 08:44 AM

Default RE: shockwaves? the way to go?

I am trying them this year for the first time. Shooting them at targets, I got great arrow flight, and the arrow blew right through my target, and left a huge hole. I can't wait to try them out on a deer.

"Playing under the table and dreaming"
Old 09-27-2002, 08:59 AM

They are good but the one problem I had with them is that the big tip can break off from the ferrule if you hit something hard. That is why I either use the GKF Demon, Reaper or the Rocket Steelhead 100. All of them are good, good luck this season!

Old 09-27-2002, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

You may want to try the Wasp Jackhammer SST also I've shot 6 deer with them and have yet to have a failure of any kind.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, first I'm not a big shockwave fan. I could never get them to fly consistently with my setup. And finally, someone who appreciates Wasp Jackhammers as much as me Gutshot. These are a great mechanical. They fly true, almost as true as field points. I have shot two deer with the jackhammer SST (100gr) and the farthest any of them went was 60 yards. Great penetration, and makes a huge hole which is great for tracking, even if you don't have far to go. Good luck.

Kelly

Old 09-27-2002, 02:29 PM

I'm a Shockwave fan. Two complete pass thoughs have me convinced. Both heads had no damage whatsoever. The only broadhead I'd switch to if I were going to switch, and I'm not, would be to a fixed Muzzy. Check out 5-Shot's test results. The Shockwave rated very high among mechanicals.

Old 09-27-2002, 02:37 PM

I killed two deer with my shockwaves last year,both dropped within 20 yds of where they were standing. The first one was on opening day ,shot high hit it in the spine deer went two feet straight down. Needed a pair of pliers to remove the broadhead when butchering,after cleaning it up you couldn't tell it from a new one. Second deer=complete passthrough dropped about 20 yds away in plain sight,I dont think he even new he was hit! They shoot just like my field tips. I wont use anything else,no need to. Dave
Old 09-27-2002, 06:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-27-2002, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

They shoot great, and they are durable. I don't think they will penetrate bone like a Muzzy, but the tip does help to some degree. what really slows the penetration is the 1 1/4" blades. They are one of my favorite swing open type mechanical heads.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 09-27-2002, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

I used the shockwaves lastyear and will use them again this year. The one thing that I do is sharpen the tip of them. They are very dull and sharpening them I think helps out a bunch.
Here is a entrance hole from a 8 pt from last year, he went about 35 yards.

Quick Reply: shockwaves? the way to go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.