Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Outback and Switchback shooters please read.... >

Outback and Switchback shooters please read....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Outback and Switchback shooters please read....

Old 08-19-2005, 07:13 AM

Default Outback and Switchback shooters please read....

I have an Outback and I friend of mine just bought a Switchback. I went and shot the switchback and WOW. Anyways enough with that my question is when I shoot my outback it has a slight twang noiseto it. I never noticed this until I shot the switchback it is dead silent. Do you guys that shoot the outback have some noise or is my bow just inneed of some work. Even better you guys that have shot both bows is the switchback that much more quite than the outback. This has really got me worried or wanting a switchback if it is that quite over my outback.

Thanks Tanner
Old 08-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Outback and Switchback shooters please read....

I've had both.

The OB is def the louder bow. I never could get the "twang" out of mine, cam timing has to be *PERFECT*.

That said, I prefer the OB. SB is faster and quieter, but the OB is the better shooter, in my experience.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:26 AM

Hey guys. This is my 1st post on this forum. Long time reader of this forum though. Anyway, I have an outback and mine is whisper quiet. However when I added the arrow web quiver I tightened it down really tight and I noticed that it made the bow have a tuning fork type twang. I backed off the bolts slightly and the sound went away. If you have a quiver this could be causing your problem as well. Just a thought.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:31 AM

Cam timing ona single cam bow?
Old 08-19-2005, 09:02 AM

I have a kwikee quiver, but I have the quick realease thing and it makes it with the quiver on or off... and the switchback had the mathews quiver on it and it made no noise...
Old 08-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your right the Switchback is super quiet and virtually no hand shock what so ever. I think you should be able to get that Outback quiet. try some different things or take it to your dealer. Good luck.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

There is a slight noise when I shoot my Outback but compared to the other bows that I shot before My Outback, It's pretty quiet.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:19 AM

I just came home from shooting with a guy that bought a Switchback.

I am still shaking my head over how quiet that bow is. Absolutely silent.

Wow..........My Patriot is no where near that quiet.

I shot a Switchback and Allegiance side by side early this year and the Switchback was hands down the better bow. After seeing and hearing this guy shoot his fully setup rig I am even more impressed then I was before.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

Cam timing ona single cam bow?
All bows that utilize one or more cams need to be timed. Single-cam bows however, do not need to be synchronized (because there is nothing for them to be sunchronized with)

The misconception comes from the fact that the majority of archers/pro shop people, industry writers, etc use the incorrect terminology.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:43 PM

I just bought the outback over the switchback. Saved some money and I feel the OB shoots better. Now I was shooting my OB with no quiver and a friend was shooting his with a quiver and his was much louder. His had a twang. We did notice it was much louder when there were no arrows left in the quiver. He has the 2 piece mathews quiver.

Quick Reply: Outback and Switchback shooters please read....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.