Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who shoots w/ kisser button? >

who shoots w/ kisser button?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who shoots w/ kisser button?

Old 08-17-2005, 08:45 AM

Default who shoots w/ kisser button?

I have a slight problem. I switched from a peep sight to a kisser button this past spring because of a few problems with the peep. 1) they block out light, 2)they twist around 3) always wanted to try the kisser

Here is my new problem; If I wear a headnet, my groups open up because of not being able to "feel" the kisser through the net, or the string on the edge of my nose. In fact, this all causes me to shoot to the left by about 6 inches.

When I hunted in Florida last month, I used camo face paint and made a good shot on a hog at 18 yards. BUT, I hate the make-up. It's a pain to wash off and comes off when I sweat.

So what sort of problems/solutions do you folks suggest?

PS- I am more accurate with the kisser than I was with the peep. (without the headnet.)

Thanks, Kev
Old 08-17-2005, 08:47 AM

Default RE: who shoots w/ kisser button?

Well, I shoot with both a kisser and a peep. I cut out part of the headnet where the corner of my mouth would be. Sometimes I just pull the net down when I am getting ready to make the shot.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I too shoot with both. I use makeup sometimes, but I use cheapo halloween make up in a black tube. Costs a buck and comes off easy, but not too easy. I've also began pulling up a bandana or neck sleeve. I can have it cover my faceand then just slip it down to make the shot.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use a tight fitting headnet (rynoskin) and i can easily feel the button.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:23 AM

I just stick camo duck tape all over my face

Kidding of course!I always used a kisser and a peep, but was able to shoot fine without feeling my kisser button when wearing the headnet. Now on my Switchback, I really need that kisser button in my mouth, or it feels really odd, so Im not sure yet what I am going to do. I like the idea of cutting a hole in the headnet, that is pretty simple.

Good luck!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

I tried to use a kisser button when I first got a bow 15 years ago. I must not have used it right because it hurt like hell. I shot it once then ran into the club bathroom to make sure I still had a lip left. I looked in the mirror and it swelled a little but no blood. Took it off and just use a peep sight now. As long as you use it correctly you'll anchor the bow at the same point every time. No need for the kisser. Everybody I talked to laughed and said I must have done something wrong cause they use it all the time and never had anything like that happen. I explain that it's like trying to clean a horse's hooves for the first time and getting kicked in the head. Yes I did something wrong BUT I'm still never going to try it again. Once was enough.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:53 AM

I shoot with both. When I draw my bow, I do not have a problem finding my anchoring point with my kisser button. I hunt with a neoprene(sp?) mask that is skin tight on my face. It makes it real easy to anchor my bow. If you shoot your bow over and over, it will become second nature to find your anchoring point regardless of what kind of head net you use. The key is to shoot as much as you can!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 11:30 AM

I use both peep and kisser button. I love it. I cant really use one without the other. The kisser gives me the consistant anchor point and the peep lines it all up. I tried kisser by itself and it didnt work. Then peep by itself.. another F'd up situation.. then i tried both and now when I shoot I keep all the vanes touching
Old 08-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

I use both the kisser button and a peep site and I really don't have a problem with feeling the kisser under my mask...
Old 08-17-2005, 03:45 PM

Hhmmmm....many good answers/advice.

Where do I get one of these "ryno-skin" headnets?? I suppose I nee to look through that Cabel's catalog for the 78th time.

edited to add- Found it at "rynoskin.com"

Thanks guys, Kev

Quick Reply: who shoots w/ kisser button?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.