Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Where are all the big bucks? >

Where are all the big bucks?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where are all the big bucks?

Old 08-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default Where are all the big bucks?

I read an article in a hunting magazine called where are all the big bucks? It was written by a guy who hunts on several acres of land and he says he never sees any big bucks. I don't know if he shoots any buck he sees, but I will tell you if you just shoot any buck that walks in front of you; you will never see any big bucks. My dad and I used to shoot any buck if it walked out in front of us. We still saw big bucks because we have a lot of property to hunt on but after we stopped shooting small bucks we saw a lot more big bucks. I just want to tell people that if you don't see a lot of big bucks and you shoot small ones thats the problem. If you let the small ones grow you will see alot more big bucks.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:36 PM

Default RE: Where are all the big bucks?

Don't forget to take some does too.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where are all the big bucks?

I agree with you on one condition...that this is regarding private land..on public land here in CA..you are lucky to see 3 bucks a year. and to get a big buck is far and few between. A lot of hunting pressure and not enough good deer management (aka government doesn't take any does) so we have tons of does and not as many bucks..