Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arm & Hammer Detergent and Deodorant >

Arm & Hammer Detergent and Deodorant

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arm & Hammer Detergent and Deodorant

Old 08-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default Arm & Hammer Detergent and Deodorant

I know that baking soda helps kill scent. So my question is this, it probably won't be as effective as stuff from Wildlife Research or Hunter's Specialites, but will the Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent and Deodorant work for trying to remove some scent from me and my camo?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arm & Hammer Detergent and Deodorant

I was wondering the exact same thing...i have used the A&H deodorant before...may have to try the detergent this year.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why do you think it wouldn't work as good? If it is unscented and contains sodium bicarbonate thentheArm & Hammershould work better in my opinion. I have no experience with the Wildlife Research or Hunter's Specialties unscented detergent (if they even make them) but I like the Earth Scent.

One thing I've noticed about washing my hunting clothes with the Arm & Hammer (regular baking soda) is that they remain scentless for much longer than the Earth Scent usually lasts.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:59 AM

Last year I took Arm & Hammer baking soda and mixed it with water and used it as a home-made scent killer. It leaves a white chalky film after it dries. I believe that this worked very effectivly. Plus it saved me a ton of money.

I decided to do this after using some of the white lightning scent killer. To me it looked like baking soda and water, with a chemical that keeps the baking soda suspended.

Give it a try see if you like it.

On really still days I used an earth scent or white oak scent wafer from H.S.
It seemed to be a great combination.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:04 PM

I did the same thing last year with the baking soda and water mixture. Because of the chalky residue, I would spray it heavily on the INSIDE of my hunting clothes the night before and let it dry. Seemed to work well, as I prefer no scent as opposed to an earch scent mask. The only problem i had with it was that after a short whilethe baking sodawould clog the spray nozzle on the pump sprayer I had it in (an old scent killer bottle).
Old 08-15-2005, 01:35 PM

I wash all my hunting clothes in Baking soda and shower in it. There is a recipe for homemade scent killer on here somewhere. Look up "Home made scent eliminator spray" and you'll get it. I used it last year and I thought it worked great. I think its:
Distilled water
Peroxide
Baking soda
HS soap
Old 08-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know that baking soda helps kill scent. So my question is this, it probably won't be as effective as stuff from Wildlife Research or Hunter's Specialites, but will the Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent and Deodorant work for trying to remove some scent from me and my camo?
That's all I use. the unscented detergent anddeoderant. I've used it for about five years now. Seemsto work well.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

Why do you think it wouldn't work as good? If it is unscented and contains sodium bicarbonate thentheArm & Hammershould work better in my opinion.

One thing I've noticed about washing my hunting clothes with the Arm & Hammer (regular baking soda) is that they remain scentless for much longer than the Earth Scent usually lasts.
I have to agree. Arm&Hammerbaking soda is all that I have ever used. Its cheep and it seems to work just fine.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. One more thing, I know you're supposed to let your clothes air-dry after washing, but I live in town. During the season, there's frequent leaf-burning, grilling, and just all kinds of scents floating around that are foreign to the woods. Can I dry them in my drier with unscented static sheets or will there still be a smell from either the sheets or other clothes?
Old 08-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

I could be wrong on this one, but I believe that there are some scent elimination products out there that claim toprevent the growth of bacteria that actually cause some of our "human scent."

Marketing Spin or Truth? You be the judge.

I am not sure that the A&H product can do that.

I sprinkle A&H in my hunting boots.

Quick Reply: Arm & Hammer Detergent and Deodorant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.