Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shooting new bow this season?? >

Shooting new bow this season??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shooting new bow this season??

Old 08-15-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Shooting new bow this season??

Well I have broken down and have gotten a new bow for this season. I just purchased a new Hoyt VTec. I have had a chance to shoot it once and I have it shooting great out to 25 yards. So how many of you guys out there have decided to switch gear and go with something new and what are you using?
Old 08-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shooting new bow this season??

I am, and i also got a new VTEC, got it pretty accurate out to 50 yrds. Loving it.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:29 AM

I just retired my JLJ Mountaineer bow for a Martin Jaguar bow. I had hunted with the Mountaineer for about 12 to 14 years and thought it would be nice to have a new bow.

The Martin isn't brand new, it is about 3 years old. I got the bow and had the shop put on Limb Savers, peep, release loop and an overdraw. The bow came with a Kwikie Quiver, TM Hunter rest and tru-glow sites. I got a dozen new arrows and new broadheads.

I have been shooting it about every evening, getting use to it. It shoots a good group out to about 20 yards. I have to go to my neighbors to setup the target to get 30 to 50 yard shots. I figure I won't need to do anything once I get 30 yards setup. Most deer I ever have a chance to shoot at are within 30 yards.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up a new bow about 4 months ago now and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm shooting better than I ever have, and am hoping to not only shoot AT a big buck this year, but hit it, AND recover it!

Old 08-15-2005, 09:49 AM

Bought my Bowtech Defender in May. I usually start looking every 3-4 years for a new one. It took a while to get it setup right because of rest. Most don't have enough left adjustment for the binary cam system. Been shooting it and am very happy out to 35. I want to practice more and farther but with the heat and obligations, time is scarce. I was confident with my G2 out to 50 but I have never been presented with a good shot that far.

I really like this bow. Read my sig for the setup.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:51 AM

i bought my new bow last august and i really like the way it shoots.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Darton Yukon!
Old 08-15-2005, 02:14 PM

i just put up my old golden eagle pre. and got a brand new reflex grizz, its shooting 271-273 f.p.s iam very happy about it, hope you have good luck this year with your new bow,stick a big one
Old 08-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Spike

Put the Hoyt up and got me a Bowtech Alligiance,very nice bow.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:30 PM

Got bit by the Switchback bug back in the spring. My pocket book is a little lighter but my groups are a whole lot smaller!

Quick Reply: Shooting new bow this season??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.