Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 You know what Makes me MAD??? >

You know what Makes me MAD???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

You know what Makes me MAD???

Old 08-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default You know what Makes me MAD???

When I watch these hunting shows when someone shoots a buck, especially a child shoots one, and the FRICKIN guidegrabs the antler first.. YOU NEVER TOUCH THE ANTLER until the person that shot it TOUCHES IT...

Anyone agree with me..?

If a guide did that to me, i'd be really upset..
Old 08-09-2005, 07:37 PM

Default RE: You know what Makes me MAD???

Were you just watching that hunt at Giles Island on the Outdoor Channel? I had never thought of it before, but you're right.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Never gave it much thought but now that you mention it I agree with you. I thought you were going to say that seeing a guy make a bad shot on a deer and then someone saying "Good shot, he won't go far"....really ticks you off.

It does me.[:@]
Old 08-09-2005, 07:43 PM

I have mixed emotions about it. I see that all the time too, and my first thought is "Hey......get yer filthy hands off my rack!!!" But, then I noticed that the guide did that because he was just as excited as the dude that shot the deer, if not more so. I have to admit, having a guide that gets that excited and pumped about my shooting a deer, well...that guy is ok with me.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

I don't use a guide. But if my hunting buddy gets the the deer first and grabs the antlers to check them out first, I don't mind. After all it was my accomplishment and I'll be the one to take it home. I'm not too childish aboutwho touches what first. As long as he doesn't touch my private spot, there's no problem..haha. Hell if my buddy wants to go the extra mile and start gutting it for me, all the better!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can see your point, but I guess it's not something that I'd get all worked up about, myself. It's when someone elseTAGS your deer before you that you should get torqued!

Mike
Old 08-09-2005, 08:00 PM

What is irritating to me is when they sit there and tout the kid as the next "Great White Hunter" When they're hunting a ranch that would cost any one of us 5-10K to hunt.

All of these shows are making me sick these days. Just the other day I watched Jack Brittingham's show as he proudly harvested a 249 pt. non-typical that he had on his FENCED 1500 acre ranch. He had been feeding and watching this deer literally for years.

Harvested was the right word though as he was nothing but a farmer that day.

What a BOZO.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mathewsboy, who cares who touches the antlers first??? I can't believe it is actually something you would think about??? [&:]

Metro, you not knowing Jack and his incredibly dedicated and serious approach to hunting top end animals..... YOU sound and look like the BOZO by your comments! Perhaps you're a backwoods hillbilly Bob that favors the Fitzgeralds show and that direction of "hunting"???
Old 08-09-2005, 08:14 PM

ide punch him
Old 08-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

The thought would never cross my mind to get angry if someone grabbed the rack before me, unless it was because they were stealing my deer.

Quick Reply: You know what Makes me MAD???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.