Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 You know what Makes me MAD??? >

You know what Makes me MAD???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

You know what Makes me MAD???

Old 08-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: You know what Makes me MAD???

I guess one thing everyone is forgetting is that alot of the times on those videos and TV shows, the actual recovery of the game is staged. When you see them "recover" the deer is usually after they actually recover the animal and get it presentable for the camera. You have to remember alot of the stuff you see on videos is staged. Ever wonder how a guy can go out with 1 cameraman, but yet have 1 angle of the hunter drawing and shooting and another angle of the arrow hitting the deer?? It's just not possible. They came back and videoed the scene with the hunter drawing and shooting after the actual shot was taken. Sometimes even after the deer is recovered.

Slice
Old 08-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought you were going to say that seeing a guy make a bad shot on a deer and then someone saying "Good shot, he won't go far"....really ticks you off.

It does me.[:@]
Yea thats was ticks me off as well![:@]what a joke!
Old 08-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

PS...

the worst thing is an arse poker.....poking them on the butt and saying oh he's down, yeah right![:@]
My hunting partner or guide starts poking it's arse before I get there, I'll turn around and give him some alone time!! haha

Old 08-10-2005, 02:41 PM

Id drop kick the mofo.. Only friends and family can touch my deer. Ill hurt anyone else
Old 08-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some of you guys need counseling.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The guide should touch the antlers first in most cases.. he is the person who actually did all the hunting. Most anybody can make a shot within the kill zone of a big game animal at reasonable distances, but very few people can get within shooting distance of trophy size animals often. If you need the guide, or even want one just because of lack of time and energy to do the scouting yourself then you give up the hero "I touched it first" argument.
Precisely why I've yet to hunt with a guide. Someday maybe - but part of what makes it a hunt for me - is to know that I did it myself -really. If someone is with me when I recover my deer - It doesn't bother me in the least if he/she gets to it first - I know that I hunted the animal - in no uncertain terms.

FH
Old 08-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not going to have that problem to deal with since I usually hunt solo and if someone esle is going to be grabbing my antlers first, there could be a serious problem.
Bobby

<---------The Elite 8 champs----------<<<
Old 08-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

Some of you guys need counseling.
For real.

If I don't want someone to touch it, I don't show it to 'em.

Jeeze, "Don't touch it or I'll hurt ya!"

Don't worry ole buddy. You can touch it all the way back to the road. See ya in town.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:35 AM

Poking it in the arse or even an eyeball is to make sure the deer is dead. I've heard of dead deer getting up real quick, and gorging the hunter with it's rack.

Some hunters are too uptight.......so what if someone in your party touches your deer first. If it was some stranger....that would be a different story.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

If I put a nice buck down,I could care less who touches him first.........cause hes going to hang in my living room!LOL

Dale might as well be driving a truck as well as hes done the last couple of years! GO TONY GO!

Quick Reply: You know what Makes me MAD???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.