Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 same buck from last winter >

same buck from last winter

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

same buck from last winter

Old 08-08-2005, 01:10 PM

Default same buck from last winter

Well I finally got a good picture of a buck coming to my mineral licks about once every couple weeks. I am pretty sure it is a buck that I got lots of pics of last fall, but he dont seem much bigger, just a little more "trashy" it looks like he is trying to get a small drop tine, or weird bump off the bottom of his left beam, and some hoes or something on the right one. Does everyone think this is the same deer, and any guesses on gross score?? Im guessing mid 130s but may be wrong. Also is a pic of him last winter right before he shed.

Old 08-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: same buck from last winter

Neat buck. Looks to be growing some character. Sure does look similar to last year, but obviously more mass...
Old 08-08-2005, 01:15 PM

Wow, now that I looked at it with both pics together, he had the holes on the right beam and the small bump on the left one, he carried them both into this rack. I had always heard the the holes in the beams were due to an injury or bee stings, but it makes me wonder now, I didnt even notice it before..
Old 08-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like the same deer to meEven though he is in velvet...you can definitely tell there is more mass. Good luck on him! I'd say in the 130's.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:50 PM

Yeah, same buck. The main beam forks on the end. Nice buck! Go get him!!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree. It has to be the same buck. Too many similarities for it to be anything else. Score? Hmm, 130 might be stretchin' it a bit but it could be.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice picture!

same buck - but I'd say itsLOTS bigger, especially in the bases - but tines, spread, and beam length all look like more - I'd say 30" more at least, maybe more.

FH
Old 08-08-2005, 05:46 PM

Definitely the same buck. I'd say 130 is about right like you said.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Angus,

First off, congrats on capturing that same buck two years in a row. Personally I think he has made a very healthy jump from a 2.5 year old buck to a 3.5. Pictures as always can be deceiving, but considering his width, mass, main beam length and tines..hes definately gonna be 10 inches bigger a side than last year. I think he is jumping from 110-115 gross up to 135, to 140 gross thisyear.

Good luck hunting him, he's got a lot of character. Even after he sheds his velvet hismass should be very decent.

Troy
Old 08-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

122 3/8

Quick Reply: same buck from last winter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.