Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit and Carbon arrows >

Whisker Biscuit and Carbon arrows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit and Carbon arrows

Old 08-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit and Carbon arrows

Do they still make those aluminum things? I have been shooting carbons for a decade. Get ready to move your sight and eliminate a couple of pins too!
Old 08-06-2005, 04:44 PM

I shoot vapor 4000 carbon arrows with a whisker biscuit and its great the only thing is that your vanes take a beating from the arrowrest. Good Luck
Old 08-06-2005, 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Get ready to move your sight and eliminate a couple of pins too!
I'll be happy if I just maintain the speed I have as I was using 2413super lite alumimum and I figure to loose a few fps with the biscuit so if the carbon arrows make up the difference I will be satisfied.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:30 AM

Last season I used gold tip's with the camo pattern on them with my biscuit and it was a lil annoying. They made a slight draging sound. This season I'm going to use the same arrow just with out any pattern on it. Besides I don't think the cool camo pattern helps attract the deer.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have waxed the shafts with pledge and it makes the noise go away. Do it early so the scent dissipates by hunting season.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

I also shoot a PSE Stingray with whisker biscuit. I have been shooting Beman ICS hunters since last year, very happy with them.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

you'll be sooooooooo much happier.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick C.

I also shoot a PSE Stingray with whisker biscuit. I have been shooting Beman ICS hunters since last year, very happy with them.
Do you shoot a peep on your Stingray? I've beenhaving problems seeing through mine as the angle of the string is so steep. Just wondered if you had any problemswith this.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:19 PM

Just figured I'd post an update. I got the bicuit installed and swithced to the Beman ICS hunters, Shot it today and after only 3 shots I had my sights hitting dead on!! I am very happy with the setup so far and I like the penetration I'm getting with the carbon arrows but the biggest thing I discovered is a new peep sight which is made especially for short axle bows. The hole in it has a different angle and I can see thorugh it much better.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DoubleG
Do you shoot a peep on your Stingray? I've beenhaving problems seeing through mine as the angle of the string is so steep. Just wondered if you had any problemswith this.
I was shooting a peep until I put on a timberline no-peep a couple of weeks ago. I would highly recommend it. It takes a littleeffort to align and get used to, but it sure beats all of the problems I was having with my peep site.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit and Carbon arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.