Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Drop a way mania >

Drop a way mania

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drop a way mania

Old 08-03-2005, 09:25 AM

Default Drop a way mania

todays bowhunting craze is drop a way rests im planing on getting one for my LH 2004 Lx. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should get. Now remember mathews dont have a normal roller guard u have to use the kind that attach to the string. All yur suggestion would appreciated
Old 08-03-2005, 10:03 AM

Default RE: Drop a way mania

I've never noticed a benefit in my shooting. But IF I were going to put one on today, it would be Trophy Ridge Dropzone.

I've tried the Trophy Taker and the NAP Quicktune.. Both were great, but I noticed no increase in accuracy.

I hear the Muzzy Zero Effect is very good, but dang that thing is ugly
Old 08-03-2005, 10:06 AM

I agree with DC that the DZ is a rest that should not be overlooked. It was simple to set up, is consistent and quiet. I've been shooting it a year and a half and have had no issues to date with it.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Muzzy ZE on my Outback and love it.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:19 AM

Lx, you just opened up a huge can of worms with this one.

I have used the NAP Quick Tune 4000, TR Drop Zone and currently use the QAD Ultra Rest. I have also setup a Trophy Taker on my friend's bow. I think all of them are very nice. The QT4000 is probably out because it uses a cable slide as does the Muzzy ZE. I picked the QAD because of the total containment it offers. I don't have to worry about my arrow falling off of the rest when stalking or drawing back. I had to increase the spring pressure to make sure it moved out of the way faster but that only took 20 minutes.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:33 PM

Yes the drop away is the craze these days and that why I went to a Deluxe Biscuit rest. My accuracy was not any better with the drop away rests then with the Biscuit and it is fool proof. K.I.S.S.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

It might be as accurate at 20 and under yards get beyond that and your lil bisquit won't cut it.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:16 PM

Look at either the Scaredy CAT by Copper John or any of hte APA rests.... Forget the Whisker B.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:15 PM

Ditto---went from the zero effect, which was too complicated and bulky o the Trophy Ridge. More simple, and smaller--works great!
Old 08-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's another vote for the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone! It's the best rest I've ever used!

Quick Reply: Drop a way mania

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.