Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A word of caution. >

A word of caution.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A word of caution.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: A word of caution.

ORIGINAL: g17

Thats exactly why my bow, whatever brand, will have a 36 inch at least axle to axle . SoI dont have to use one of those things.
Amen my friend...Amen.

Wash, fortunately for you it happen in your backyard and not staring down and drawing on a trophy animal.....I'm not a fan of the loop, never have been and personally won't shoot one. I have the need....but for some, it does help on the short bows.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:10 PM

u are lucky,,i had mine come loose when drawing on a deer,,i hit myself in the chest and the arrow hit the tree in front of me and then the ladder of my stand,,after that i went to a hard d-loop
Old 08-02-2005, 07:04 PM

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: JimboHunter1

After reading all of these replies, I think I'll remain "loopless".
[/blockquote]

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

The advantages of shooting with a loop greatly outweigh the disadvantages.
Oh yeah??? Here's a quick snapshot at what you, and others have said:

Original: Washington Hunter

I was at about half draw and WHAM, I hit myself in the face.
Original: MotownHonkey

I had that happen once. It will give you a quick wake up.
Original: DOPVFT

I was at a 3d shoot and on the 21st target I started to draw and ended up hitting myself in the mouth.
Original:manuman

Had one of those metal loops and it buggered up my service on my string. That cost me a nice 130' 8 point... Then later on another hunt, it happened again, only a split second before my release causing a dryfire, a broken fall away rest, bent cam, and a cable and string replacemant that cost 250.00.
Original:Trapper Hunter

I've done that b4.. it sucks
Original:MO Bowhnter

My friends dad had his loop fail at an indoor range at half draw and sent an arrow flying into the wall. Scared the crap out of all of us.
Original: PSEsilverhawk55

u are lucky,,i had mine come loose when drawing on a deer,,i hit myself in the chest and the arrow hit the tree in front of me and then the ladder of my stand
Are you KIDDING me, Washington Hunter? I'd rather keep my jawbone in tact and be able to chew the venison that I kill than to be able to shoot a 1/4 inch better at 25 yards. Something just tells me that slurping on a deer shake through a straw just wouldn't taste the same.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:07 PM

No one is forcing you to try anything you don't want to.

Out of all those posts you just showed us all, how many were seriously injured?

It doesn't matter, right? I'll stick with mine. My post was just to remind everyone to check everything about their equipment.

EDIT* I might also add that this is the first time that this has ever happened to me. Before I changed my strings/loop I had 5,000+ shots with that one loop. I paid less attention when I tied it this time and an accident happened. It was my fault, not the loop's.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:24 PM

LOL, Washington Hunter. I know that nobody is forcing me to try something I don't want to. The reason behind your post is a good one- anything that you or anybody can post that in turn can save somebody the misfortune of getting hurt is worthwhile and appreciated by all.

If I can shoot consistent groups at 20 yards, then I'm satisfied. I don't need to add an extra contraption to my bow becausethat is just something else that can fail at the wrong time, costing me a deeror an injury. The more you have to inspect and check, the more that can be overlooked just like what happened to you.That's how I feel about it.