Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 USING DEER DECOYS IN PENNSYLVANIA >

USING DEER DECOYS IN PENNSYLVANIA

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

USING DEER DECOYS IN PENNSYLVANIA

Old 07-29-2005, 01:56 PM

Default USING DEER DECOYS IN PENNSYLVANIA

Was curios if anyone knew if the use of decoys during deer season (bow ) was legal. Was thinking about getting one of those Renzo decoys just as an attention getter to try on out. They seem light enough because i have to hike in at least a hlf mile straight up hill.

Any help would be appeciated. (couldn't find anything in the PA regs) also has anyone had any luck with theses types of decoys...not the 3-d ones becuase they is way to much to tote into the woods.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: USING DEER DECOYS IN PENNSYLVANIA

Yes and No.

Yes it is legal to use decoys during archery season in PA but, no, I have never used one of the ones you mentioned. I tend to prefer the small, collapsible foam Featherlite bedded doe decoy. Easy to tote around and the 3 dimensional affect is quite convincing.

My experience with decoying in general has been hit or miss. I haven't quite figured it out entirely yet.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: USING DEER DECOYS IN PENNSYLVANIA

I inquired about the very same thing to the PGC themselves about 5 years ago. Using decoys for deer is legal in PA, however, the use of a decoy that incorperates any mechanical device to impart movement is illegal. You can tie a string to the tail and pull on it to impart movement but no motorized mechanisms of any sort. At least thats the way it was 5 years ago.