Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Magnus?

Old 07-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default Which Magnus?

Muzzy's have always done me well but i'm thinking about switching this year. Do you guys have any preference between the regular magnus stingers or the stinger buzzcut? and also 2 or 4 blade? Thanks

Zach
Old 07-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which Magnus?

Stay with muzzy, magnus is a great head but it's not a muzzy.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to disagree with Lou. Muzzy's are indeed a good head, but the stingers don't give up anything. I shoot 100gr. 4-blade stingers. The stingers are definitely sharper out of the pack as well.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Typical Buck

Magnus are way sharper than muzzy by far out of the bow, heck only steelforce is sharper than a magnus. As for penetration I think muzzy out performs them all. I shot the magnus in a field test it did excellant but didn't go farther than the muzzy did. Put it this way if I didn't shoot muzzy, Magnus buzzcut stingers would be there. Both have advantages over each other. Magnus needs little tuning while muzzy needs more than the average head. Either one you choose you can't go wrong, but for my buck it's a muzzy.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:54 PM

I went from muzzys to stingers. Love both heads, but love stingers better. 2 blade, 100 grain, smooth edge.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

4 blade stingers are tough to beat for an all around head.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Inoticed last night in a catalog that the buzzcut's listed at 1 1/4" while the stingers listed for 1 1/8". I wonder if it was a missprint?

Hard choice to make between the Muzzys and Stingers, as they are both great heads, but I'm prefering the 4 bladeStingers due to the cut on contact tip and sweet accuracy.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lou-lou

Stay with muzzy, magnus is a great head but it's not a muzzy.
I disagree. Muzzy's are verygood heads...yes. But I have actually had better results with Magnus original 2 blade 125's. They are awesome heads. I know guys that shoot the Stingers with alot of success and nothing but good to say about them as well.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Both are great heads. You may also wantto try the new Muzzy Phantoms.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lou, plywood is not flesh. Of course the muzzy is gonna go farther, look at the chisled tip. Duh. The Stingers will always have better penetration in FLESH. Why do you think people like me with low poundage, short draw, etc.. bows use cut on contact heads? More penetration than a head with a tip like a muzzy.

Quick Reply: Which Magnus?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.