Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker bisquit

Old 07-20-2005, 01:25 PM

Default whisker bisquit

What are your thoughts on this type of rest?
Will it slow my arrow down?
thanks
Old 07-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whisker bisquit

I LOVE mine.. It may slow it down 2 or 3 fps but it isnt enough to notice any
Old 07-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Site Bouncer

I feel it's the best hunting rest out there. It will slow your arrow down but I think it's like 1to3fps, I doubt you will notice. I believe the older style (all black bristles) wore on vains and feathers but the new type (brown & black bristles) if set up correctly will have little to no effect on them.

I use one and can't find one thing to complain about the rest....but that's my subjective opinion.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use one and can't find one thing to complain about the rest....but that's my subjective opinion.
Well said, i agree also.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

Well i have a WB on my bow set-up and i have to tell u i really like it. Yes it does slow down ur arrow by a couple of FPS but its just priceless for stalking game or just taking a shot at that buck of a life time when the shakes kick in.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:44 PM

I love mine. I have used them for several years now and I
think they are the best hunting rest around.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:31 PM

I have zero complaints about the rest as well. It is fairly priced, easy to work with and when I am in my stand I just set my bow across the rail of my Summit and wait for chance to pick it up.......if that chance comes then I never have to take my eyes off the deer because I know that arrow will stay right where it is no matter what I do with the bow. It is silent on the draw and the shot and it is as accurate as the person shooting the bow is capable of. I shoot well out to 50 yards in my yard with it and have grouped broadheads out to 40 with no problems.

The key (just like any other piece of equip) is to have it set up properly. A tuned WB will do nothing to your vanes.........I did a test including pics in the tech forum of what happens when a WB is untuned vs tuned.

I started fletching some arrows with a nice helical on them this summer and still see no vane wear.

It is a great rest IMO.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

I changed to a WB from a Bodoodle Pro earlier this year. I'm still shooting aluminum and the only WB they had was for carbon and it wasn't the QS model but I bought it anyway and hacked out the hole. I was shooting pretty decent groups with it and was fairly happy with it other than some slight noise on the draw. They opened a new Cabelas in Buda (yes!) and I picked up a QS model for alum's. I suppose my surgery on the bristles was not as great as I thought because with the new biscuit I have to be careful shooting the same circle with multiple arrows. I love it. Of course it will need actual live hunting conditions to cement it. I was leaning toward a drop away but its looking like the WB may stick.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:46 PM

they are one of the best rests around today
Old 08-01-2005, 05:52 PM

Never messed with one till this past weekend. I was impressed, expecially if you were to do a lot of stalking. It is also a great rest to use for a childs bow. My grandson will have one on his next bow.

Quick Reply: whisker bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.