Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Parker ultralite >

Parker ultralite

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Parker ultralite

Old 07-19-2005, 06:08 AM

Default Parker ultralite

I've been looking pretty hard at the Parker ultra lite 31, anybody shooting one? i see its rated at 310 IBO, but was wondering what speed it might shoot with a 28" draw set at 70lbs with a 400 grain arrow. Would like some honest opinions good or bad. Would the Phoenix 32 bow be a better choice? Thanks
Old 07-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Parker ultralite

I owned a UL 31 one of the first years they debuted. Speed was very respectable but it had a bit more jump than some of the other models on the market at the time. I am sure they improved on it some since then. Going by the IBO speed and your specs I would wager a speed around 274...without any string accessories attached.

If I remember the Phoenix lineup correctly they are a more parallel limb design and should prove to have less over recoil during the shot.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:26 AM

Me and a buddy compared short bows a few years ago. We shot a UL31, a MQ32 and the other short one by mathews the SQ2 I think? Something like that. We also shot a Proline mountain and a Darton magnum 33. I shot the Force Multiplier as well, that goofy looking 3 cam bow that didn't quite catch on.

The parker was pretty nice we thought. The mathews had less vibration and recoil for sure, but it also weighed more, was slower and cost more. I actually liked the MQ32 and the price was about the same if remember correctly. No where near as fast and light as the parker however. I actually liked the UL31 more than I liked the Force Multiplier. The darton magnum and Proline bows were pretty nice as well. I'd say the Proline Mountain was in between the mathews and Parker and was cheaper yet.

I wouldn't have any trouble owning a UL31, I thought it was a pretty nice bow for the money. I would check out some of thier newer offerings for sure though.

Paul
Old 07-19-2005, 08:33 AM

Thanks for the input. I've owned an MQ32, i thought it was a nice bow but wanted a little more speed. It was a good bow, got a nice 8pt with it. I haven't shot the UL31 but i have had one in my hands and liked the feel of it just wondering if it would be a bit faster than the MQ32.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:47 AM

It is faster, I don't remember by how much. It was not as fast as they claim from what we figured. But when are they right. It will not be as smooth and recoil free as the MQ32 stock. You could probably get it that way with some sims stuff though. Remember this bow is faster and lighter, so you have to give up something.

Like I said I would look at some of the other offerings by parker. I bet they have a few that are as nice as the MQ32 but a bit faster. The Easy draw bows are pretty nice. I'm not going to say that for sure about the MQ32. In my opinion that was one of the best bows I have ever shot. It just isn't very fast is all. I campared one with my darton yukon and they were the same speed within a few FPS. The SQ2 was a bit faster.

I have never owned either, keep that in mind. Just played with them a little bit. I own a darton Yukon and a Bowtech Mighty Might. I highly suggest the Bowtech if you are looking for a short fast bow. I love mine. And the justice is the same bow with a different cam. It is a bit smoother on the draw, but not quite as fast.

Paul