Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fletching and broadhead alignment? >

Fletching and broadhead alignment?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fletching and broadhead alignment?

Old 07-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Fletching and broadhead alignment?

For the time being i shoot 3-bladed muzzy's and i have them aligned withmy fletchings. I'm thinking about going to the Magnus buzzcut this season. My question is, how do u align a 2 bladed broadhead with 3 fletchings? Or does it even matter if its aligned?
Thanks alot.

Zach
Old 07-18-2005, 07:07 PM

Default RE: Fletching and broadhead alignment?

I can tell you with the Magnus, it will make no difference what so ever. I got a package of them, took one out, screwed it on, and shot it. It shot perfectly. I didn't spin the insert to get the wobble out, nothing. In fact, it didn't wobble anyway..As for the Muzzy 3 blade, personally, and others will probably disagree, it doesn't matter, as long as there is NO WOBBLE AT ALL. But, I like the Stinger so well, I am taking all of my beloved Muzzys off.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

It makes absolutely no differance what so ever. Do a search on the subject and you will find more than enough to dispell the myth.

Lining up the blades with the fletchings does not actually get them to fly through the same air.

If you think about it for a minute you would have to be a mathmatical genius to actually figure out all of the variables in arrow flight to get the vanes and fletchings to fly through the same air. And at the instant one of those variables changes your efforts would be for nothing.

Some of the variables would include......... arrow speed, wind speed, wind direction, arrow rotation speed, density of the air, altitude, temperature.... the list goes on and on.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Dominant Buck

If the broadhead and arrow are balanced you shouldnt have to worry about fleatching. Spin test them and if they wobble, fix the broad head or replace it with another and spin agian.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut
how do u align a 2 bladed broadhead with 3 fletchings? Or does it even matter if its aligned?
Normally, what I've heard is to align the main blade vertical with the bow string. But others say it doesn't matter.... just like aligning a 3 blade broadhead with the fletchings.

I have 100gr Magnus Stingers and have them aligned vertical with my bow string and they fly incredible!
Old 07-18-2005, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: ButchA

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut
how do u align a 2 bladed broadhead with 3 fletchings? Or does it even matter if its aligned?
Normally, what I've heard is to align the main blade vertical with the bow string. But others say it doesn't matter.... just like aligning a 3 blade broadhead with the fletchings.

I have 100gr Magnus Stingers and have them aligned vertical with my bow string and they fly incredible!
I put some 2 blade Magnus Stingers on my Gold Tip XT's last year, and they hit all over. I put some O-Rings between the broadhead and the arrow and turned the broadheads until the blades werevertical. They shot as good as field tips, but they did not hit the same spot. I don't know if it wasbecause the broadheads were aligned the same way on every arrow, the blades were vertical, or my arrows were underspined.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think the reason behind aligning broadheads and fletching is so that they all look nice and fit the same way in your quiver.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:48 AM

to be honest it dosn't matter out of a tuned bow.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would tend to agree. I don't believe there is any truth to the fletchings/blade alignment advice which is so often given. As long as the bow is tuned correctly and you have proper shaft/insert/broadhead alignment I don't think you have to worry about your fletching/blade orientation.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Personally, I like to have all my broadheads aligned the same, so they all come off the bow consistantly, but particulary matched to my fletchings.

Quick Reply: Fletching and broadhead alignment?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.