Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spirit of the Wild >

Spirit of the Wild

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spirit of the Wild

Old 07-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spirit of the Wild

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

I enjoy his show, and I enjoyed meeting him. But that is my personal opinion. I don't think their is a gray area regarding him. You either like him, or you don't.
There's a "gray area"!
I don't like his personality. I don't think he's a good spokesperson for hunting. I think he's lied about being "drug free hisentire life". He's made some mistakes keeping his wang in his pants , but he's the male species in the human race so I wont dwell on that.I can only take about 5 minutes of his "essence of the beast and mystical flight of the arrow" mumbo jumbo.
But ,the guy can jam , and he's a bowhunter.So I guess I don't dislike him , and I wouldn't turn down the chance to hunt with him , I'd just wear really good ear plugs when he's talking , and when he's jamming , the guy jams at full volume.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:40 PM

i liked his old shows now he's gettin way into the ads i think. Nuge is crazy, but he does a lot for hunting and for kids, i know some of you will say he does it for nuge, but ive met him and i found he is very very down to earth at the same time being funnier than heck.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC
But ,the guy can jam , and he's a bowhunter.So I guess I don't dislike him , and I wouldn't turn down the chance to hunt with him , I'd just wear really good ear plugs when he's talking , and when he's jamming , the guy jams at full volume.
That is a true fact, folks.... I remember a rock magazine article from the late 70's (when Nuge was at his finest), where he was headlining Detroit Stadium on tour. He had row upon row, stack upon stack, of Fender Dual Showman amplifiers all cranked up, dimed on "10". The magazine article went on to say that during the show, a pigeon flew down from somewhere in the stadium and somehow flew in front of his giant wall of amps and speakers and died in mid-flight, right there on the spot!! [&:]
Old 07-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Spirit of the WILD....My Azz! There is nothing wild about the way this tosser hunts....It should be called ---Spirit of the High Fences and Baitpiles--
Old 07-19-2005, 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: ButchA

I agree with Davidmil and Arthur P's opinions....

There is a lot more to Ted Nugent than is led to believe. Skeletons in the closet, as the saying goes... I read about the"issues" below on Ted Nugent, and couldn't believe it myself:

- Ted Nugent avoided the Vietnam war by getting himself classified 4F by being utterly filthy and disgusting bodily-wise. He wore the same pair of blue jeans a week straight before he was to go to the draft board. He willed himself to keep the jeans on no matter what. Yes, people... urinating and defecating in the blue jeans- to which the Army considered him a homeless bum and so disgusting, they threw him out of the room. [:'(]

- Back when Ted Nugent was with the Amboy Dukes (hit song "Journey to the center of your mind"), he didn't know why the band wanted pictures of bongs and water pipes all over the album cover, and didn't understand what the song really was about. Sure Ted.... Sure....

He is way too over the edge, but I do appreciate what he does for bowhunting and gun owners rights. But if he could ease up a little, it would do more good, than turning off people.

Just my opinion... others may vary....

Butch A.
Where did you find this info?
Old 07-19-2005, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I read it on VH1 on the internet or Rolling Stone, where they bashed Ted Nugent.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:55 PM

I always did think something was wrong with him![:'(]
Old 07-19-2005, 06:58 PM

A wisper can only be heard by people trying to hear it. A scream......... is unavoidable.
Ted Is reaching people the NRA ,Ducks Unlimited; The Outdoor Channel, and every other main stream hunting channel miss. He had the balls to gon Politically Incorrect, and shut Phil Mare up. Is he good for our Community? Hell Yea! You do not have to like him. You do not have to watch him. Yet he is doing more to protect our rights and our way of life than 99% of you all reading this. Top that off with his support for our brothers, sisters, cousins, and children in our miltary and you have a great ( all be it loud and sometimes over bearing individual) allie in defending the Constitution,andhopefully afffording usthe opportunity topass these treasures on to our children.
Throw those rocks, but be careful at who!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:53 PM

Just dont think he is much to be supporting the military.

- Ted Nugent avoided the Vietnam war by getting himself classified 4F by being utterly filthy and disgusting bodily-wise. He wore the same pair of blue jeans a week straight before he was to go to the draft board. He willed himself to keep the jeans on no matter what. Yes, people... urinating and defecating in the blue jeans- to which the Army considered him a homeless bum and so disgusting, they threw him out of the room. [:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

After reading that I have no support for him whatsoever!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:07 PM

We are not talking about Jane Fonda here. If he did infact do that, I can forgive him. As a Young kid growing up in those time he could have been missguided as alll of us were at one time . Hell I thought I was a damn liberal until college thanks to a nice private school education. It is what we do now that matters. Bitch all you want about pissed on jeans. I gaurunf...kingtee ya he didn't piss the flag

Quick Reply: Spirit of the Wild

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.