Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What all do you do? >

What all do you do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What all do you do?

Old 07-14-2005, 09:22 AM

Default RE: What all do you do?

My list goes something like this.

Bow hunting whitetails,
scouting whitetails,
shed hunting (all species that roam the NE)
Wildlife management activities, planting food plots and natural browse
hiking/mountianeering
Fly fishing trout and salmon.

I use to do a lot of this stuff but now that I have two little boys I'm mostly a homebody. In a couple of years it'll be time to start introducing the boys to the things daddy like. Both my boys seem to love the outdoors so I'm sure in time I will get to participate in these activities more then I have the last couple of years.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:28 AM

I wish you would have asked this question 7 years ago before I had children. But, today I...

Bowhunt about 15 times from Sept to Nov (mostly half days)
Shotgun hunt for deer 20 times from Nov to Feb (some half days, but mostly all day)
That's it...

7 years ago I'd hunt twice the amount above and during the summer I would saltwater fish in NJ from May until November. But, I had to make a choice once the kids were born. One is six and the other 2, both boys and will one day accompany me hunting. I opted to let go of fishing for the most part and be a Dad and husband most of the spring and summer to let my wife do the things she wanted to do. I then escape for hutning as mentioned above. Thsi trade-off with the wife has worked very well and there are times she wants me to go hunting as she knows I am not as grumpy if I miss a weekend in the woods!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wish you would have asked this question 7 years ago before I had children. But, today I
I figure that going to change for a few years after we have kids until they get old enough to start going so I might as well enjoy it while I can
Old 07-14-2005, 10:26 AM

Bowhunt deer
Gunhunt deer (shotgun+muzzleloader)
Fish (Salmon, Trout, Bass, Pike, Muskie, Crappie)
Turkey hunt
Pheasant hunt with my lab
Duck and Goose hunt with my lab
Small game hunt
Shoot all my guns and bow a lot
Old 07-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

most everyday is spent doing something to do with huntin', once in awhilei'll break out the fishin' poles but all in all i'm consumed by huntin'..i used to be a fishin' freak until i got my first bow....you can never be too prepared for the season to start...there's permits to do, equipment to maintain, targets to shoot, stuff to buy,etc.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Put stands up in Aug. Dove hunt in sept. Bow hunt Oct,nov,dec. Duck and goose hunt dec, and jan. crappie fish feb and march. Start racing my super truck in april thru sept.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Raising kids & Working I Bowhunted during my vacations. Always took a family vacation for everyone else also. Now my children are raised-I am retired & just bowhunt biggame practically year round- Deer in season & Exotics & wild hogs off season. Now, we do foster care for teen girls & I have a 15 year old that will be doing her 1st Bowhunting this fall along with my 30 year old daughter that is a Nurse. I have only Bowhunted (49 years now) & have a list of Many Whitetails, Mule Deer, Black Bears, Caribou, Elk, Buffalo, many wild hogs & Exotics. Now, I still Bowhunt lots BUT I really enjoy taking my Son & 2 girls Bowhunting. Summer I take the wife & 2 teen girls fishing for anything that bites in the Mississippi River (Iowa/Ill. border) & am planning a off shore Ocean day fishing trip for them down the road.
Good luck this fall.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

[align=left]

[hr]

My name should say it all and the only time I fish is when there is nothing to kill.
[ol][*]Hunt tree rats August[*]Bow hunt elk CO.Sept.[*]Dove hunt Sept.[*]Early goose Sept.[*]Bow deer Oct.-- Jan.[*]Hunt duck ,Goose Iowa ILOct --Jan[*]Gun hunt deerMo. Nov[*]Gun hunt DeerIL Nov[*]Black powder Deer IL Dec.[*]Gun hunt Deer. IL Dec[*]Duck goose Ark. Jan.[*]Rabbit pheasent In between[*]Yote hunt IN between.[/ol]

[/align][/align]
Old 07-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunt deer
Bowhunt bear
Bow & rifle moose
gun hunt Jack rabbit in winter
Fish for Walleye, trout, pike
Ice fish for walleye & Lake trout
Old 07-14-2005, 06:36 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunt whitetails most every weekend when the season is open
Hog hunt withdogs, catch them and tie em up in the off season when it isn't too hot
Bass fish every weekend in the off season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.