Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker bisquit ?? >

Whisker bisquit ??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker bisquit ??

Old 07-12-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Whisker bisquit ??

I've been looking at buying a new bow, possibly one of the kit bows where it comes fully equipped and nearly all of them have whisker bisquit rests and i was wondering how much, if any does it slow your arrow speed down? Seems like a good hunting set up but i've never used one.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whisker bisquit ??

It slows my arrow down 2 FPS. You won't be able to notice the difference. The good thing is you can notch an arrow and forget about it. When it comes time to draw you won't have to worry if the arrow is on the rest properly. I messed up a few shots with other rest (the arrow falling off the rest or between the rest and bow).
Old 07-12-2005, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

And if you bought the one for your arrows size ,it is quite accurate and quiet.If you are mostly hunting and practice there won't be vanes damage.
Taureau noir
Old 07-12-2005, 07:42 AM

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably give them a shot. I like the concept of not having to worry if your arrow is off rest. Cost me a nice buck once. I don't shoot tournaments, only hunt and just want a good hunting setup. Thanks again
Old 07-12-2005, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

my whisker bisquit was a fletching eater, It also slowed my bow down more than 2fps
Old 07-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, the newer biscuit style (brown and black bristle combo) should only slow your arrow speed down a very marginal amount....2-3 fps is the average. The older style was a bit worse in that regard as well as on its abuse of the fletchings.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

i have not shot the newest style.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

I have never shot with one myself, but know a couple of people who have. They both thought they were great, and had little to no problems with them.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Site Bouncer

I don't shoot tournaments, only hunt and just want a good hunting setup.
If that's the case...you will be hard pressed to find another rest better than the Whisker Biscuit.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont have any problem out of mine. But with shooting feathers it tore them up a lil bit but when i got it put on right It didnt hurt them all that much

Quick Reply: Whisker bisquit ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.