Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad Vibes!!

Old 09-23-2002, 07:47 AM

Default Bad Vibes!!

I've switched from the Beman skinny carbon arrows to the newer Beman fat carbon arrows. These new arrows are just a few grains lighter than my old one's. But, now I'm getting some vibration on my bow?!.

Should I,

#1. Buy dampeners for my bow? I hate to add anymore gadgets

#2. Switch to heavier target points and b-heads? I shoot 100 grn. now and these new arrows seem fairly well balanced. Also, this can be very expensive.

#3. Go back to the bow shop and buy another dozen arrows that match the same weight as my old ones?

I'm sure this can't be good for my bow....

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Old 09-23-2002, 08:22 AM

Default RE: Bad Vibes!!

smokpole,
Just a couple questions:
How much weight difference is there between the old and new?
Are the arrows flying good or better than the older ones?
Are YOU happy with the arrow flight?

If the arrow flight is making you happy then try to dampen the bow. If the arrow weight of the older ones,is close to the weight of another size heavier broadhead then going up should cancel the noise and the arrows should fly like your older ones.

Hope this helps as there are probobly a couple other things to consider but right now it is up to you to decide what the answers to these coouple questions is before going on.

Greg

"Getting close to the game is the joy of Bowhunting for me, the harvest is a bonus."

Live 15 ft Python after eating a small Antelope!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:09 AM

These new Beman arrows shoot fine, in fact they seem to shoot better than my old one's. I guess I'll try out some type of noise dampeners for my bow, I just don't know if that will be enough.

The difference in weight b/t the two arrows was around 20-30grns as I recall. I didn't think that was enough to make any difference?
Old 09-23-2002, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you dont have a set of limb savers on the bow then get some and put them on.

Old 09-23-2002, 10:55 AM

i did the same thing a few years back with the same deal, vibration. did you adgust your rest. that can make a difference on how you adjusted it. also, get limbsavers if you dont have them.
A stabilizer wouldnt hurt either
HUNT SAFE
Old 09-23-2002, 01:28 PM

I've got more problems now, I went out to shoot my bow this afternoon and noticed that the bumper bracket around my sight pins has busted. It's cracked on a corner where there's a screw hole. Not sure if I can fix it or not, but I'm definately headed back to bow shop tomorrow.

Just my luck, bow season opens in two weeks!