Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ordered New Bow

Old 07-09-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Ordered New Bow

I fianlly ordered my New Reflex Grizzly from www.huntersfriend.com. It is truly an awsome bow package they provide down the I would recommend them to anyone. But I have a couple of questions that need some answering:

I already tore the flethes on an arrow, how do I go about refletching them?
How do I properly sight in a Trphy Ridge Flatliner sight? They said that is comes presited but I always shoot high right, I dont really know what is up could I be using the wrong pin?
How do you know what poundage you are at when you are in the processing of lowering or raising poundages?

Thank You

Old 07-09-2005, 09:10 PM

Default RE: Ordered New Bow

Ice congrats on the new bow ordering my next week from them,should of had it already but my other addition to my family was born!!!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Icedragon,

You can either take the arrows to a pro shop and have them refletch them for you or you can get a fletching jig and do it yourself.

As for them "presighting" in your bow....I apologize but I don't buy it. Only the guy shooting the bow can sight the bow in. It may be close when you get it but you are going to have to sight in all over again. Adjusting the sight on most TR's is simple as they tend to use thumbscrews for vertical and horizontal adjustment.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:02 PM

I owned a Reflex years back and it was a very good bow. Sounds like you found a nice package! Congratulations...good luck with it.

I would add along with PA that I don't buy into the "presighted" as it will all depend on you anchor point, draw length etc. I would take the bow to a shop, or to a friend with bow knowledge, to ensure the drawlength is correct etc.

As far as your arrow goes, if you plan on shooting for a long time, buy an arrow jig and refletch yourself. You can buy an inexpensive version or a high dollar ( much like with bows)...bohning has a kit which is rather inexpensive jig included.

To determine poundage, again, a shop is vital....or you can purchase a bow scale....

Good luck!
Old 07-10-2005, 04:07 PM

OK I figured everything out. 1 complete turn on the adjustment bolt is 4 lbs.

Thanks Guys
Old 07-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your new Reflex, great bow. As for being presighted thats nonsense. Shoot it for a while to get your anchor point down and then you will start getting groups then adjust your sights yourself. As for fletching you might want to the check ebay or archerytalk.com for a used jig. Its what I did and I got a Bitz for 30% of what they go for up here.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:10 PM

Yea im going to take my bow out to the range this week to sight it in.