Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TAP

Old 07-08-2005, 02:07 PM

Default TAP

Can somebody give me a link to TAP program and what is it and how can it help me?
Old 07-08-2005, 04:12 PM

Default RE: TAP

It's called The Archery Program Click on that and it will take you to the website.

The guy that designed it actually hangs out at Archery Talk. It is a program that lets you calculate speed, trajectory, find the correct spine for a certain set up and arrow and print off sight tapes. Probably does other stuff as well. I'm sure the web site will say. It is much more accurate than using an online calculater or simple arrow chart.

You can download a free trail version of it that has limited functions, this is what I use. It is kind of a pain because you have to start from the beginning every time, it doesn't save anything from what I can tell. And not everything works, like the sight tape function printable targets. I would assume the full version has a more up to date database as well. However it works really well for figuring trajectory and checking spine for your set up. That is pretty much all I wanted it for any way.

There are other programs out there that are simular, I can't remember the names off the top of my head though. You could probably search for "archery programs" or something to that effect and they would show up.

Paul
Old 07-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Tony's program is excellent (TAP). I have had it and love it, but there are some things I didn't like about it that had nothing to do with its function or data. First, I had a hard drive crash. It was a real pain to get the program back on my computer since I didn't purchase the CD version. Also, there is a fee for updates. This is important because there are new bows and shafts every year to be added to the data base. The software is pretty expensive, and I think this should be included in the price, but Tony is only a one man shop and I can understand why he charges. Due to these things, I am probably going to buy Pinwheel's On TargetSoftware. It is only $50 and upgrades are free: http://www.pinwheelsoftware.com/h-2UpgradePolicy.html

You can buy it direct or at Lancaster. It comes with 3 licenses for other computers, too. If you go to the Pinwheel site, you can also purchase just parts of the program if you don't want others for less money. So, if all you want is the shaft selector, you can buy that by itself and not get the tapes and charts part.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Throw another vote in for it. I don't have it myself but several guys down at the local shop use it quite a bit and they say nothing but positive things about it. My hats off to Tony for designing it.