Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hunting on sunday >

hunting on sunday

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting on sunday

Old 07-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: hunting on sunday

For myself ,since God determines who he gives a deer to.I will go to church Sunday morning and have faith he will give me one of his animals another day.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Pressure on your F&G dept. , combined with burgeoning game populations , will eventually get a ban lifted . Make noise and get as many other hunters(and non-hunters) as you can to do the same . At the very least , pressure them to allow hunting on private land on Sunday , it isn't right to tell a man he can't hunt his own patch .
Old 07-08-2005, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh I know.... Believe me, I know.... You should see the poor guys who work M-S (yes even on Saturday )You know, those dudes over at Jiffy Lube changing oil or something. Those guys can't hunt unless they take a day off w/o pay!

I don't own any land here in VA, soI have to deal with public land and state forests, which is okay - if you go in deep. But if I did have a little piece of land here, I would be totally $#%*@ PO'd if I couldn't hunt MY OWN LAND on a Sunday!! It's my land, you know?

Another thing to take into consideration is that ban on Sunday huntingalso fuels the flames regarding poaching. Poachers, trespassers, andanother term Iheardcalled "outlaw hunters" - these guys don't care. They'll do what they want, when they want, on whatever land they want. Let's say you own 100 acres of land, and can't hunt on Sunday. I bet you that during the prime season in the rut, if you sneak out there on a Sunday, you'll catch a trespasser trying to illegally poach a deer!

WE HUNTERS NEED TO STICK TOGETHER AND PUT AN END TO THE STUPID, ANCIENT, ARCHAIC, BAN ON SUNDAY HUNTING!!!!

Butch A.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its a bad deal for the working guy , give them a break and let pepole hunt Sunday . Cardeer since you live in a state that has this law , what do you think about others hunting Sundays ?
Old 07-08-2005, 07:45 AM

I agree with butch, it just fuels the flame for people to get in trouble. And I do own my own land and it really burns me on Sunday when I want to go hunting.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:48 AM

We just got the crossbow passed but it wont matter because the working man dont even have time to hunt but on Saturday.
Most people think that with a crossbow you'll be able to walk into the woods and shoot a 180" buck at 80 yards the first morning of your hunt- take comfort ion their ignorance
Old 07-08-2005, 07:53 AM

Yeah most people here think there going to walk out shoot like a rifle. I tried to tell emI will stick with my matthews
Old 07-08-2005, 08:53 AM

Explain the reasoning that you can hunt crows in PA on Sunday, but you can't hunt anything else. ???
Old 07-08-2005, 08:57 AM

I hunt on Sunday.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:08 AM

Sunday ban is stupid. If you dont want to hunt on Sundays fine, but dont restrict all hunters who sometimes only have Sunday to hunt.

Quick Reply: hunting on sunday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.