Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A HUGE success

Old 07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A HUGE success

I had the fortunate experience of meeting a fellow a couple of years ago at the range. He seemed to be struggling greatly while pulling his bow back. I was going to let him know that I thought that he might be over bowed.

After a little chit chatting I had to ask what he was pulling. He let me know that he was shooting 90 lbs and was working his way up to his 110 lb bow. I just had to ask what on earth he was planning to hunt? He informed me that he was preparing for his 6th trip to Africa and was intent on shooting an elephant.

It had been some time since the last time that I spoke with him, and I ran into him at a local bow shop.
The first question was to ask him how his hunt turned out. The information that I received, and the pictures that I saw were unspeakable. He killed a 6,000 elephant cow, and also had time to harvest a hippo. This guy proved to me that anything is possible if you put your effort into it. He is no young lad either. I would say that he is well into his 60's and may be close to 70.

What a treat to talk with this guy and find out what it takes as far as equipment to hunt elephant effectively.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A HUGE success

Wow!!! 6000 pounds!!! What a cool story. I would have loved to see pics, too.Is there any way you could get pics and post them???
Old 07-05-2005, 03:19 PM

How much meat did he get?
Old 07-05-2005, 03:30 PM

Cool story.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats freaking huge.........thats also a heck of a bow to draw back
Old 07-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: atlasman

None, just what you eat there. The ship the head and hide back. That bow also needs a heavy arrow, it's an arrow inside of an arrow around 800 grains.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: nodog

None, just what you eat there. The ship the head and hide back. That bow also needs a heavy arrow, it's an arrow inside of an arrow around 800 grains.
So what happens to all the meat?
Old 07-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

From All of what I have read and heard ,alot of the meat goes to locals in the area,and is prepared for the huntere many times too.I don't think that it is lawfull to bring any back to the states.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nodog

So what happens to all the meat?
Sell it, eat it, use it for bait. There are a lot of hungry people there, some will even come at the sound of shots to try and take it. You live like a king while your there. There is nothing like what they can do with that meat.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

jeese ... sounds like a pretty cool experience. i'm sure the meat will feed a bunch of hungry people.

Quick Reply: A HUGE success

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.