Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bowtech for mathews >

bowtech for mathews

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowtech for mathews

Old 07-07-2005, 01:37 PM

Default RE: bowtech for mathews

Here are a couple links that I FOUND interesting and perhaps some of you may too.
The first is some ACTUAL speed tests and this link is the top ten OF THOSE TESTED. Click the 2005 tab, bottom left to see some others. http://www.jayssportinggoods.com/arc...SPEEDTEST.htm\

I would appreciate you allowing me to state an opinion on the subject of SPEED and also add another link that is informative to someone serious about his bowhunting, Again.......only in my opinion.

While Speed is nice, it is probably about fifth on the list for myself when picking a bow. Please read this other link thoroughly. It pretty much voices my opinion and I hope some of you can pick up some pointers from it.

I have shot whitetail with several longbows, variousrecurves, and a multitude of compounds. Speeds ran from 160fps to close to in the 280fps range. Every one of those bows cleanly harvested the animal and more speed wouldn't have done a darn thing. SPEED is nice like I say, but don't allow yourself to DEPEND on speed as a crutch to correct poor yardage estimates due to LACK OF PRACTICE.....OR.......lack of scouting to have a better than normal idea where to expect that trophy animal.

Please dont crucify me here because I LOVE a fast arrow, but I would much rather have a bow I KNOW is quiet, comfortable, and simple to shoot when I need to put things together for that shot.

Pick your bow, for yourself, not for what others think. Read through this link. It is well worth the time and it highlights some very interesting factors that are NOT usually advertised about bow statistics.
http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowselection.htm

then click forward to see the list of 280 bows compared by various factors.

I wish you all a GREAT day on each hunt to go on!

P.S. Back on the subject, the Switchback would make you a great bow.......if you really need to buy one. Several other of the Bowtech bows MAY fit your needs every bit as well. I hope the information in these links are of interest and serve you well.