Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If this ever happn to you? >

If this ever happn to you?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If this ever happn to you?

Old 06-28-2005, 09:44 AM

Default If this ever happn to you?

If you were hunting,and it was the last day of the season.out walks a 150in buck about 20yrds he stays and eats acrons and in the distance you hear another deer. you decide to wait and see what was comming, and at 50yrds stands a 8.5 year old buck with a 25in spread inside 20 pionts. Amonster indeed but he just stands there.

My auestion woud you take the 150in buck at 20yrds.....or would you take the monster at 50 with a chance he could duck or jump?

this has NEVER happend but.....what would you do?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If this ever happn to you?

If it was the last day of the hunt and I had a 150 class buck standing in front of me at 20 yards broadside,he would definately be going down.A 150 class buck is big in anyones book,takes alot of bone to add up to those inches.
The big 20 point would hopefully make it into another season,and hopefully passed along some of his genes.
The 20 point would walk because I personally wouldent take a shot I am not comfortable of taking,no guarantees,and would be afraid of wounding,let alone loosing such a magnificant animal.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree. The 150 would be down. 50 yards is more than I'm comfortable with in the woods. I learned along time ago that if you get greedy it will only come back to bite you in the a$$. Chances are if you take the shot at the bigger one you'll walk home carrying nothing but your bow and a muddy arrow.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:00 AM

i would have to just settle with the 150 in buck. although after i shot the 150in, if i was able to grunt the monster in like i did a buck this year after i missed a littler buck. i gurnted in an even bigger buck. but a 150 in buck is just fine with me. but knowing that there is a bigger buck out there, that would make me want to hunt even harder.

Zach
Old 06-28-2005, 10:06 AM

I would never have waited for the 20point to come out. As soon as I saw the 150 class buck he would have been shot at.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would never have waited for the 20point to come out. As soon as I saw the 150 class buck he would have been shot at.
Me either!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would bust that 150 bucks arse then realize you were low on the score and it turned out to be a 195 class buck.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:41 AM

If you think you'd wait for the 20 point monster, you're lying to yourself. I'd just hope I hadn't wasted a tag on a scrub buck and pray for a double. You take the 150 first. Knock a second arrow and hit the grunt. Wound't that be the day of hunting, not only to see but to tag two hangers. Just think of all the meat

But definately not happening in my neck of the woods.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would take the shot that I have confidence in, the 20 yd one. 50 yards is beyond my comfort level and I wouldn't risk wounding an animal like that.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:14 AM

After I pick myself up off the ground from having a 150 class buck that close to my stand I would shoot which ever deer was laughing the hardest at me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.