Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shoot sitting or standing for tree stand? >

Shoot sitting or standing for tree stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shoot sitting or standing for tree stand?

Old 06-27-2005, 02:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default Shoot sitting or standing for tree stand?

When your in your stand do you sit to shoot or stand up?
If your sitting how do you bend at the waist?

I think standing is easier to me.allows me more comfort ....but then again i havent shot at any thing YET!!

AL
Old 06-27-2005, 04:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Shoot sitting or standing for tree stand?

Though I will probably get hollared out for this one, I typically am sitting when I see a deer approaching but then slowly stand in order to put myself in position to make the shot. I haven't yet been busted during that process but I know some folks would prefer to stand the entire time they are hunting. I just don't have that type of endurance.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:17 AM

I am often standing when I shoot from my stand. I am generally sitting until the last 11/2 to 2 hours before dark then I try and stand until dark. and I do the same in the morning I stand for the first 2 hours or so then sit and stand up once I see a deer approaching. I have shot several deer while sitting in the stand and I try and apply the same rule of bending at the waist and to take the shot. I don't know if thats the correct way for sure but it has worked for me.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:34 AM

I almost always sti and shoot sitting. i don't want to take a chance on the deer seeing me. I practice shooting sitting down as well
Old 06-27-2005, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot either way but mostly standing.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I always stand
Old 06-27-2005, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

It depends. I usually know what direction they are coming in from, so I am positioned so a sitting shot will be facing the correct way for an incoming deer. I guess my shots are probably 50/50.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:12 AM

I would rather stand becuase of the comfort factor. I have also shot deer from the sitted position. Standing is better for me but I'll take the shot anyway I can get it.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should practice both ways , and be prepared to shoot either way , whatever the situation calls for . If a deers coming in fast , and there is no time to stand , and he comes in 5 yards in front of you . You should be abel to shoot it , if you've put your practice time in , and know where that arrow is going on that shot . Same way with standing shots from a stand , practice from your tree stand and know where your arrow goes . Deciding when and when not to stand comes with years of experiance .
Old 06-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer to be standing and always try to be,so I can shoot all around the tree. When sitting your range is much more limited.;

Quick Reply: Shoot sitting or standing for tree stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.