Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just a laugh at BIG EON >

Just a laugh at BIG EON

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just a laugh at BIG EON

Old 06-24-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Just a laugh at BIG EON

SEXXY HUH??............lol

Old 06-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Just a laugh at BIG EON

What would even make you do that? To quote one of our smartest forum members GEEESH GEEESH GEEESH [:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 06-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big E - perhaps you don't realize how dangerous it is to draw a bow back without an arrow?
Old 06-24-2005, 08:07 PM

What is on your guide rod? It looks like you wrapped electrical tape or something around it? What is it and why did you do it?

And ya, I wouldn't draw your bow without an arrow in it unless your looking to get a new bow. It's a bit safer if you use your fingers, but never do it with a release. They are mechanical and you never know when it mess up. Then again it's not a real good idea to draw a bow in your house with an arrow nocked. The lesser of two evils I guess. When I do it and there is no backstop I aim at my hamper or something. Clothes stop arrows very well.

We are not trying to pick on you or make fun of you. We just don't want to see you mess your bow up or get hurt. Maybe you didn't know, now you do. Nothing wrong with being ignorant, but if do it and you know better then you are stupid.

Paul
Old 06-24-2005, 08:29 PM

He's too sexy for his arrow, to sexy for his arrow!
Old 06-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

wutsup up with ur guide rod
Old 06-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

In his defense, I have seen more people dry fire a bow because of using fingers and they slip. In my opinion, it is saver with the release as long as your not on the trigger. Again it is just my opinion from observation but the electrical tape on the cable rod, now I hope the rod is not splintered under that tape.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:56 PM

It's deffinately safer using fingers then a release. The release can fail at any given moment. If you can't hold the bow using all your fingers on the string you shouldn't be drawing the bow.

I have seen some people have one get a way from them with a high let off bow. It creeps forward a hair and yanks it right out their hand. It is usually because they are drawing one that is too long and has too much weight on it. Or they just don't know what they are doing any way.

Go to pro shop and hook a release to a bow with no arrow on it and see what they say. Releases can fail, take my word for it, I've had it happen several times.

Paul
Old 06-26-2005, 06:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Come on guys...the arrow is there...it is just invisible...yeah, thats it. No wait, it really is there...it is just a new style of camo...house camo....blends right in.

Ok, enough ribbin'. Why in heavens name would you post a pic of yourself commenting on how sexy you were? It boggles the mind.