Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you shoot with your quiver on? >

Do you shoot with your quiver on?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you shoot with your quiver on?

Old 06-23-2005, 06:40 AM

Default Do you shoot with your quiver on?

I used to shoot with my quiver on, but for the last several years I have gotten in the habbit of always taking it off when I get in my tree. I had a clumsy quiver on my old bow and I think I was always paranoid that it was affecting accuracy. Now that I have a new bow (switchback ) I think I would probobly fine just shooting with it on.

What do you guys prefer to do and why?
Old 06-23-2005, 06:47 AM

Default RE: Do you shoot with your quiver on?

I shoot with mine on, most of the time. I take it off while in a tree stand, for comfort.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just like you, I now remove mine.

My reasoning is more for the convenience/mobility of not having it in the way. I hook mine either on my stand, a branch, or a bow holder.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have always removed mine when I got settled in my stand. However, in recent months I have practiced with it on as well as off to see how it affected my accuracy at various ranges. I like to cover all bases.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine is on all year round. It never gets removed. I have the 2 piece mathews quiver on mine and it holds the arrows tight to the bow and it has never gotten in the way of anything I was doing. I even leave it on for the bow shoots full of arrows.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

I am the same as ILL BOW Man......quiver always on even at shoots.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

I always take mine off when I'm in stand just because it always seems to get in my way when I'm up there. I would like to leave it on because it quiets my bow down when I shoot. But not enough to have to deal with it being on all the time.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:54 AM

I've done both. I use to have a one piece detachable quiver that I took off to shoot. It was fairly large (6 arrow) and was prone to vibrate when I shot.

My new quiver is a two piece 4 arrow quiver that was made by PSE.(I shoot a Firestorm Lite) This quiver fits snug, is light and low profile and it stays on my bow ALWAYS. When hunting with my father last fall I would stalk and still hunt with my bow while he was out hunting with his rifle. Hunting with a gun has lost its appeal to mebut I still join him, just with my bow. If you choose the right quiver there is no reason you can't shoot with it on your bow with little effect on accuracy.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have always removed my quiver in the stand. Like Frank I'll practice with it on in case an unlikely opportunity presents itself, but my preference is to have it off.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a spare bracket and attached it to my climber. As soon as I pull the bow up, the quiver comes off and attached to the stand. I do practice with the quiver on a little bit,because if I am hunting from the ground the quiver stays on. The POI is the same.

Quick Reply: Do you shoot with your quiver on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.