Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trail camera anti-theft >

Trail camera anti-theft

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trail camera anti-theft

Old 06-22-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Trail camera anti-theft

Does anyone no of any anti-theft devices for trail cameras? I have designed my own but have not built it yet. Just trying to save time. If I make mine I will try and make it available. Cameras are far to costly to get ripped of by thiefs how havent learned right from wrong.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:26 AM

Default RE: Trail camera anti-theft

Unfortunately, if a thief wants it bad enough, he will steal it, if not destroy it. The only thing I can think of is setting another camera up high in a tree to capture the thief on film, or putting a note in the camera saying that you have another camera taking pictures of them. If they leave the camera you will not press charges.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:27 AM

I've seen steal boxes that the cam fits inside of. of that has a hole for the sensor and one for the lens. Aside from that it's just vigilanti in the tree with full camo
Old 06-23-2005, 07:28 AM

I wouldn't put and leave something expensive in the woods.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:01 PM

Nothing will stop someone from stealing your trail cams if they want it bad enough. Also if you did come up with some way to keep them from getting it off the tree more than likely they would just destory the camera anyways. I have 4 trail cams that I use on public land and so far so good. I have had way more trail cams destroyed by bears than humans. Now if I could just keep them from trying to find out what is inside of my trail cams!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

These signs work well!

Old 06-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea you kill em and you kill em good and if there crawling and begging you just put another one in them. [:'(]
Old 06-26-2005, 08:39 PM

The three S's of private property - Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:08 AM

Am building a steal mesh cage for mine , but if someone wants it bad enough they will either get it or break it . There are just some dirty rotten rascals out there ..
Old 06-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

here's what a friend told me. It won't stop them from taking the camera but it will help get it back. Take a large piece of poster board and a magic marker and write the following message on it.

"To whoever is developing this film: Please ask for the I.D. of the individual who brought this film in. If it is NOT (enter your name here) then this camera is STOLEN so please contact the police and call me at (enter your phone number here). Thank You.

Once this message is written out in full take a pic of it. When he goes to get the film developed he'll be done. They should also card you when you take it but at least you'll have the proper I.D.

Quick Reply: Trail camera anti-theft

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.