Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anyone here this, is it true or false >

anyone here this, is it true or false

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone here this, is it true or false

Old 06-20-2005, 11:29 AM

Default anyone here this, is it true or false

I herd someone say that if you drink nothing but apple juice and water(but mostly apple juice) a week before you go hunting and then when you go out you pee all around your stand/blind and it puts out an apple scent from all the apple juice you took in. It sounds crazy, so crazy that it just might be true. Anyone else here this?
Old 06-20-2005, 11:32 AM

Default RE: anyone here this, is it true or false

I haven't heard that, NO. I don't think taking a leak near you stand will hurt your hunting but I avoid it if possible.

You might have better luck with a hot doe scent though.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I herd someone say that if you drink nothing but apple juice and water(but mostly apple juice) a week before you go hunting and then when you go out you pee all around your stand/blind and it puts out an apple scent from all the apple juice you took in.
Sounds a little extreme for any possible good that it might due.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not only have I heard it I know a guy who does it. He shoots deer, but it's not because he is peeing apple juice around his stand. I have read many articles stating that human urine is not alarming to deer and seen first hand that it isn't. I have answered nature's call from my stand many times and had deer come in minutes afterward. Bottom line, I don't think our pee attracts or scares away the deer.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

you go out you pee all around your stand/blind and it puts out an apple scent from all the apple juice you took in.
Or you could just pour out the apple juice[&:]
Old 06-20-2005, 01:07 PM

Or you could just pour out the apple juice[&:]

Now that is thinking outside of the box!!! [8D]
Old 06-20-2005, 01:13 PM

No. No matter how much apple juice you drink your urine will not smell like it. If you do try this and you pee and you think it does smell like it, your probably smelling your own breath blowing back in your face.Once you drink fluids it is broken up (by gastric content and other digestive enzymes) into different elements that the body uses for fuel. Even after going through all that it is then filtered through the kidneys and then you pee it out along with the rest of the waste your body puts out by you peeing.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:33 PM

then why is it when i drink coffee in the morning and take a leak later it smells like coffee?
Old 06-20-2005, 01:40 PM

never heard of that happening before newman. i'm not saying it cant happen i've just never heard of it before. you may want to think about seeing a urologist, or heck it might just be normal.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:49 PM

don't tell me i have to see the doctor

Quick Reply: anyone here this, is it true or false

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.