Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tried out some bows, too darn expensive >

Tried out some bows, too darn expensive

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tried out some bows, too darn expensive

Old 06-18-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Tried out some bows, too darn expensive

Shot the PSE Primos, Hoyt, Mathews and Bowtech today as I set about to purchase a new bow. Quickly eliminated the PSE, hoyt was next to go finally settled on the Mathews switchback, just shot real smooth. With some gear on it the total came to 954.00. I just decided it was too much money. I just cannot justify spending that much on a bow, I really think they are too over-priced. I think I will go look at some reflex bows tomarrow. Had my PSE for 13 years, it's time for an upgrade. I just can't spend more on a bow then I would a rifle.[:@]
Old 06-18-2005, 07:50 PM

Default RE: Tried out some bows, too damn expensive

Muley,
Old 06-18-2005, 07:53 PM

Sorry about that.....I ran into the same problem, then I shot a Reflex Super Slam. I fell in love with it right away. It retailed for $499, but then I found out the pro shop was going out of business. I got it for $330. Anyway, my point is, you might like the Reflex line. I also shot some of the Diamond bows, and they're pretty good too! Hope this helps.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:31 PM

muley ,i know how you feel about the high prices have you tried looking on huntersfriend.com they have some nice set ups for a good price ,iam ordering one at the end of the month, reflex i hope this helps you out, and by the way i went to a few dealers and they wouldnt touch the price!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out ebay.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I understand your dilemma. Thats why I bought a used Bowtech Patriot and paid 40% of what a new one costs. Slapped a new set of strings and cables on it and I'm still at half the price of a new one and its one hell of a hunting bow.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I seriously considered getting a used bow, and there are some deals out there from guys who just have to have the latest and "best" but I decided to go with new due to the warranty. Warranties are only good for the original owner, and may come in handy if you break a limb, etc. Over a 10-15 year life, the extra wasn't that significant. Good luck
Old 06-19-2005, 07:43 AM

The local paper(s) are good for bow deals too, usually just before hunting season.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

txhunter58
You make a good point about the non transferable warranty. If a bow company changed that policy to include all owners like Leupold rifle scopes for example they would reap huge rewards trust me. Having said that I doubt I will be keeping my bow much more than a few years ( gotta buy something newer & better ) so the warrantee likely won't be a big factor.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wolf killer

Check out ebay.
I've made some good deals on it, even being a southpaw. Bobby

Quick Reply: Tried out some bows, too darn expensive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.