Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let's see a pic of you at full draw! >

Let's see a pic of you at full draw!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let's see a pic of you at full draw!

Old 06-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Let's see a pic of you at full draw!

easy ladies...butch, love the tractor
Old 06-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

What do you think of this shooting form?
Butch.

There are afew of things I would reccomend.

1. You have too much palm in your grip try and get your fingers down and away at 45 degrees and get the riser more into the meaty part of your thumb.

2. Close up your stance you are a little too open.

3. Try shooting both eyes open you will get a better sight picture.

4. Altho you might think by having your fingers pointing forward that you have a relaxed grip in fact you are putting stress into your forearm.

5. You have dropped your bow arm slightlyinstead of bending at the waist.

Here are a couple of pics of how your grip should be.

Hope this helps and in no way am I putting you down
Old 06-18-2005, 12:27 PM

See my sig for pictures.

Enjoy.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, Ausie-guy... I'll have to try that style of grip and see how I do with it. That looks pretty neat!

Hoyt3 and Zak123, yeah... thanks... My dad bought that old tractor right out of a Sears catalog back in 1959. I grew upwith it and remember all the attachments (mower deck, drag harrow, sickle bar, plow, etc...) that came with it. But sadly, for reasons unknown, my dad gave away/sold off the attachments back in 1977. All that's left is the original '59 bulldozer blade (removed for the summer).

Anyway, regarding the old '96 PSE Edge.... It is the smoothest drawing bow I have ever shot. It is very comfortable and I am so used to it and its "feel". I am considering retiring it or making it a backup bow and upgrading, but the newer 300+ fps single cam bows must have a bit of a learning curve to shoot them good.

Butch A.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:37 PM

Some of you guys are real ass bags. If you guys onlyknew half of what you clam to know. That bow you have is a classic,I hunted wth one for years.It had 1pin for 20 yards and a rubber rest, andI shot it with fingers. I would shoot circles around guys with their new high dollar bows. By circles I mean my arrowswould incircle the bullseys that they were hitting. Ya it wasnt that acurateon the range but in the woods it did its job. Keep up the good workand I would leave the yard the way it is.

Since when do we worry about spelling.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Psychogerbal, won,t you take the day off and brush that tooth, I,m sure it,s a beauty. Guss I forgot more than you will ever know. As far as pointing out his improper FORM and it looks like Aussie agreed, I was right and could see it from the pics. The close ups prove my point. Have a great day mates!
Old 06-18-2005, 03:31 PM

Thats a funny quote, I dont forget anything. Motownhonkey, I wasnt disagreing that his form could use some work, but the way people said it. Aussie gave him good helpful advice which I am sure was well taken. Also motow you dont know me so dont let your self think you know more then me about anything, also dont let your self go, try and keep that mind sharp. There are tapes out there that will help with memory loss.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, Guss.... Yeah, that front corner section of my yard is an area that never grows grass, no matter what I do, so I leave it dirt and park the old tractor and detacher/rake unit next to it. In the back (under black tarp) is what is left of last winters' fireplace wood.

I don't want to stretch shooting out to 30 yds in my backyard, because it's almost maxed out for distance. It wouldn't be too safe, if you know what I mean. I amby no means a world class archer or anything like that, so my form might not be textbook, but then again, who's is?

Butch A.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I do not have the courage to go and post pics of my shooting form. These folks are too honest and I am too thin-skinned. I have to respect you for doing it though.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll play too. Here's one of me from this spring.

Quick Reply: Let's see a pic of you at full draw!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.