Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Iowa NR draw results are in!!! >

Iowa NR draw results are in!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Iowa NR draw results are in!!!

Old 06-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Spike

Default RE: Iowa NR draw results are in!!!

AWARDED - NR BOW ZONE 5 !!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

My group got denied last year so we were able to carry preference points for this years drawing. I didn't think this years drawing was until June 25, so what a nice Father's Day present this has been! I'd beeter get that Switchback ready! I'll guarantee you it will be.

Old 06-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

got denied for zone 5 []
Old 06-20-2005, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

Mizzu is 1 buck, 1 doe and 2 turkeys for that over the counter tag I'm pretty sure.

Deerslayer....The tag isn't a titch over 400, it's $319 and some change. Why b*tch about the price and the situation and keep applying? If you don't like it, quit applying.

We got drawn for zone 4 with one pref pt. I jumped in with a group of buddy's after they got drawn 2 years ago. So this would be my second year applying. We picked Iowa so we don't have to deal with the amount of hunters Mizzu has on public land. Another buddy of mine hunts Mizzu not very far from us and he has to deal with a lot of BS with other public land hunters. We all know how some of them can be. [:@] Sure the price is a little spendy, but if you only get drawn every two years then I have that amount of time to save up for it.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

Xtec

The price would be over $400....State of IA is going to require all NR hunters that draw to purchase a $100 anterless tag.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

btomlin,

Do you have a link of information from somewhere that explains that $100 doe tag? I've heard things about that, but haven't heard of anything being concrete in regards to that. I was saying that this year's tag wasn't over $400(inlcluding that doe tag).
Old 06-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

I can't find it on the web, but the "buzz" with a couple outfitter friends I have is that their NR hunters will have to buy an anterless tag.

Not totally sure if it was "in the works" or "if has been established".
Old 06-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

I'm sort of thinking that was a rumor and not really something that was going to be put in place. There's too much other stuff going on over there now with the rifle doe hunt in Jan in some of the southern counties. I don't know all the specifics, but can you say ouch?! Insurance companies with too much cash and the state is folding under the pressure. Too many deer they say.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

h
Old 07-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Like usual my neighbors will be going.Like they do every year. They keepa address out there with the mennonite people. Just buy s resident license.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Dominant Buck

William Jordan, Dallas,TX, Zone 7, Denied,bow
Last I knew, BILL Jordan the Realtree guy lived in Columbus, Georgia.

Quick Reply: Iowa NR draw results are in!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.