Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fellow PA Bowhunters >

Fellow PA Bowhunters

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fellow PA Bowhunters

Old 06-17-2005, 08:23 AM

Default Fellow PA Bowhunters

Hello to all.. I just recently returned back from the middle east and am getting out of the Marine Corps before my beloved hunting season arrives. Would like to know if there are any South Eastern PA Bowhunters out there that have any good places to shoot 3-D or clubs that I can join. (Will be living around the Readingarea.) My parents moved from NY to PA a couple of years ago, so I feel like I am starting from scratch in a new area. Does anyone have any tips for public or private land, clubs, tourneys, or how to gain priveledges to land. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Simms
Old 06-17-2005, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fellow PA Bowhunters

Check the Reading Archery Club. There are probably others nearby. Give a specific area.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

First, welcom to the board and to PA. I hope the orange army doesn't make you want to leave. I shoot at the Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club (www.lprgc.com). It might be a little far to join from Reading, but we have a 3d shoot every 2nd Sunday of each month. French Creek State Park isn't too far from you for game lands. You may also want to post in the Northeast forum to get some more responses.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:35 AM

I will be living in Whyomissing PA (sp?) and headed to Kutztown University as a motivated Freshmen. LOL But I promise you this, the first sh*tbird commi college student asks me to buy them beer or if I have drugs, I am going to break some skulls. A question on French Creek though, I thought it was illegal to hunt in state parks?? I will deff check out the LPGR, I will officialy have nothing to do with my time in a couple of weeks. Thats when I am getting my DD214 and trading my cammi green for a shirt and tie.

Do you guys hunt on state lands, and if so, are they extremely overcrowded? Thanks for all your help. Semper Fi
Old 06-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I live somewhat northeast of that area (Lehigh County) and probably the closest club I could recommend would be about 40-45 minutes North. There is a forum member that goes by "Joe PA". He lives down around Kutztown and might be able to point you in the right direction. I would private message him.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:54 PM

Welcome home!! I live just north of Reading up near I78. (Straustown/Bernville area) There are 3D shoots every weekend. Usually more than one. I belong to the Shartlesville Fish and Game Association. They put on a great shoot once a month. There are a ton of archery clubs and shops around here. I'm very close to Cabelas and spend way too much time and $ there. My favorite pro shop in this area is Angler and Archer in Kenhorst. (Lancaster Ave.) Scott is a terrific guy and has always treated me very well.
Woodys in Wernersville has one of those interactive video archery systems in his shop. (like a FATS system for bows) I'd like to give that a try in the winter.

This Sunday is a shoot in Kempton. The 26th is Shartlesville. July: 3rd- Lenhartsville, 10th- Hamburg, 17th- Kempton, 31-Lenhartsville

I'm not sure what our plans are for Sunday but if at all possible I'd like to make the Kempton shoot. Drop me an email if you are interested. [email protected]
Old 06-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

This Sunday is a shoot in Kempton.
Thanks for the tip. Kempton Rod and Gun is only about 15 minutes southwest of me. I have always wondered when they had their shoots. I doubt the "Mrs." is going to let me get away with going to one on Father's day but I might be able to give that July one a try.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:45 PM

I plan to be there at 0700 when they open if you decide to come. I'll be joining the family for breakfast when I'm done.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:49 PM

I think that July 17th is the wekend of the Rinehart 100 in Greencastle, PA. It's only about an hour and 45 min. from here so I'm hoping to attend. Looks like a LOT of fun.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Any chance that is also the same weekend that Weaknecht's holds their annual Bowfest at the Kempton Fairgrounds?

Thanks for the invite tomorrow morning. As I said, I doubt I can swing it but it is worth a try. Anybody else wonder why many of us "fathers" can't do what we want on our day?

Quick Reply: Fellow PA Bowhunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.