Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot an 05 Old Glory..May give up on Oneida's after all.... >

Shot an 05 Old Glory..May give up on Oneida's after all....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot an 05 Old Glory..May give up on Oneida's after all....

Old 06-17-2005, 01:47 AM

Default RE: Shot an 05 Old Glory..May give up on Oneida's after all....

hay dairy king about ur arm. that probably felt good. but if i had a digital camera i would of took a picture of mine and would of wiped u up with mine. i had one from elbow to halfway to my risk. WITH BLOOD UNDERNEATH IT. it herd SO FLIPPIN BAD. and to top if off i was going over to one of my "girlfriends" house. and it kinda grossed her out. just a little of advice DONT BY TRU FIRE RELEAESES. i was drawing and it came undone. i lost it when i emailed them.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:17 AM
c j
Typical Buck

I'm not trying to tell you that the proper draw length would correct every single 'flaw' you felt the OG had, but I still say you'd noticea difference. A draw length that's two inches too long puts you considerably out of form, IMO, which leads to all sorts of negatives. (like getting string-whipped in the forearm.) Maybe getting the OG over the 'hump' wouldn't have felt so bad if you didn't have to pull back two more inches than what you're used to.

I've test-shot bows where the draw length was considerably longer than what I'm used to and it makes a difference, IMO. Other people who shot those same bows would tell me how nice they shot, but they felt terrible to me.

But, of course, I'm probably alone on this. Oh well. Enjoy your bow.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to sound like a jackass, but....How could that have made the draw smoother, less of a hump at let off, and the vibration any different?It may, but I dont see how that would change.
Well first of all IMO you do. Now second, it would change when the bow was setup correctlybecause the bow would have loaded up in the area in which you are use to it loading up and It would have broke over in the area in which you are use to it breaking over not an inch or two further back where you don't have as much muscle control. It would feel smoother because you wouldn't be trying to pull draw weight back past where your muscle tone is. Now moving on, your all of about 15-16 and I have bowhunting longer than that so you'll forgive me if I don't throw my bow down and run and buy another Oneida POS that I have to run out to the custom shop and have made shootable after I spend my hard earned moeny on itWhat's really funny is that you are shooting an Oneida and your are talking about another bow having vibration.......rotflmao.....that's hilarious.......Now I have shot the Old Glory quite a bit andwhile I realize that feel and many aspects of bows are subjective, well IMO the "information" (and I use the term loosely) that youpassed along here was just uninformed and silly.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

The guys at my shop have said that the longer draw length (30" +) do seem to have a somewhat stiffer draw than the shorter draws with the Binary Cams. A friend of mine looked at the Old Glory with his 31" draw and didn't care for it. Hey, you tried it and didn't like it. At least now you know. You mentioned the limb was cracked, did that happen while you were shooting it? That may have contributed to some of the vibration you felt.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never bashed the Old Glory, I simply said I didnt like the draw cycle of the bow, and how itfelt.When I asked how could it have changed it any, I was literally, *gasp* asking. I didnt know, so I was asking, and thank you cj, for telling me. The next time I'm up there,which won't be too long from now. I will have them set me up with one just to see if there is a difference.

Silent, Congratulations, your older than me. What? Do you want a cookie? One question, though, When was the last time you shot an Oneida? Please don't tell me back in the Loomis Era.

On to the subject of Monster Bows. The reason they do this with the Stealth is because of Roger "Dodger" Loomis, the previous owner of Oneida. There wasn't enough R&D done on the bow, and it was shipped out before it was totally completed, just to get a few more bucks. Within a year, most if not all Stealths had been returned with all kinds of issues. Being with a life time warrenty, they had to fix the bows. They still didn't fix the bows like they should. So, Mike and Bob saw the potential in this bow and fixed all the flaws that Roger Loomis didn't care to fix. As far as my bow. It was a personal option, the stock Oneida's are perfectly fine.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a full write up about the Stealth from one my good friends in PA, Jeff.

The Oneida Stealth is different than other Oneida's and is capable of doing things no other bow produced is capable of. The Stealth looks similar to other Oneida's but upon closer examination one will notice that the cams are totally different.[/align][/align]When released to the public, the Stealth had not received the proper testing & research& development and it was destined to fail which it soon did.[/align]Although the Stealth as sold new can be shot, it will never nearly reachits full potential and can even cause problems tothose uneducated to this particular bow and these were the reasons for its short life span and failure.[/align]Performance never neared expectations as advertised and if one adjusts the draw length just a bit too far, the bow CAN lock up at full draw and stay there. It can be released but caution must be exercised during this process.[/align][/align]Recently a solution has been discovered that "UPGRADES" the Stealthand makesit what it was intended to be.The upgrademakes it safe to shoot and capable of doing things that no other bow produced is capable of.[/align]2men have discovered & perfected this upgrade process. Bob Benedreau from Ontario, an Electrical Engineerwhom also operates his own Bow Shop and has for years and Mike Schuch, a Mechanical Engineer from the Detroit area.[/align][/align]The upgrade includes fixing and eliminating the potential for "lock up" using multiple methods. Includes new cables and string per the desired set up for the individual shooter and some other mechanical upgrades as well.[/align]Once upgraded, the Stealth will create speed, energy& power that far exceeds any other bow produced today.

[/align]It will be capable of up to 95% let off.For example, my first Stealth when set at a peak draw weight of 59 lbs, at full draw the holding weight was a mere 4 lbs. This allows the shooter increased stability which in turn improves accuracy &eases shooting among other things.Another interesting thing is that with all bows EXCEPT the Stealth, as you increase let off % you sacrifice arrow speed. The higher the let off the slower the arrow but not withthe Stealth.[/align]Once upgraded, The Stealth will shoot an arrow at the same speed regardless of let off.[/align]My 2nd Stealth shoots my 475 grain arrow at the 260 fps range. I have 2 other Oneida's that at the same draw weight of 65 lbs, these other two shoot the same 475 grain arrow at around 240 fps, over 20 fps slower than the Stealth which is quite a bit.[/align]
Old 06-17-2005, 11:30 AM

Old 06-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Silent, Congratulations, your older than me. What? Do you want a cookie?
No thanks, but I am sure at your age a little know it all like you probably has one in your pocket that mommy gave you before you left the house That's the problem with you kids now days though. You aren't smart enough to realize that the folks that have been in archery for as long as you have been alive probably know a little more about it than you do. Most of us have forgot more than you know about it but you think you already know everything[&:][8D]
Old 06-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

This is great...Mommy's and cookies!!!
Dairy King, are you some promoter for Oneida or something, you and your Jeff's write up.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:49 AM

I shoot stuff,Why would you say don't buy a Tru Fire release??I have been shooting a Tru Firerelease for 5 years now and have never had it "come undone".In fact about a month ago i noticed that the head had started to seperate from the glove and Len told me he would sent it back and they would repair or replace.Guess what they have a lifetime warranty anf fixed it for free.Probably if you took your finger off the trigger it would not "come undone"

Quick Reply: Shot an 05 Old Glory..May give up on Oneida's after all....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.