HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shot an 05 Old Glory..May give up on Oneida's after all....
Old 06-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Dairy King
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot an 05 Old Glory..May give up on Oneida's after all....

Here's a full write up about the Stealth from one my good friends in PA, Jeff.

The Oneida Stealth is different than other Oneida's and is capable of doing things no other bow produced is capable of. The Stealth looks similar to other Oneida's but upon closer examination one will notice that the cams are totally different.[/align][/align]When released to the public, the Stealth had not received the proper testing & research& development and it was destined to fail which it soon did.[/align]Although the Stealth as sold new can be shot, it will never nearly reachits full potential and can even cause problems tothose uneducated to this particular bow and these were the reasons for its short life span and failure.[/align]Performance never neared expectations as advertised and if one adjusts the draw length just a bit too far, the bow CAN lock up at full draw and stay there. It can be released but caution must be exercised during this process.[/align][/align]Recently a solution has been discovered that "UPGRADES" the Stealthand makesit what it was intended to be.The upgrademakes it safe to shoot and capable of doing things that no other bow produced is capable of.[/align]2men have discovered & perfected this upgrade process. Bob Benedreau from Ontario, an Electrical Engineerwhom also operates his own Bow Shop and has for years and Mike Schuch, a Mechanical Engineer from the Detroit area.[/align][/align]The upgrade includes fixing and eliminating the potential for "lock up" using multiple methods. Includes new cables and string per the desired set up for the individual shooter and some other mechanical upgrades as well.[/align]Once upgraded, the Stealth will create speed, energy& power that far exceeds any other bow produced today.

[/align]It will be capable of up to 95% let off.For example, my first Stealth when set at a peak draw weight of 59 lbs, at full draw the holding weight was a mere 4 lbs. This allows the shooter increased stability which in turn improves accuracy &eases shooting among other things.Another interesting thing is that with all bows EXCEPT the Stealth, as you increase let off % you sacrifice arrow speed. The higher the let off the slower the arrow but not withthe Stealth.[/align]Once upgraded, The Stealth will shoot an arrow at the same speed regardless of let off.[/align]My 2nd Stealth shoots my 475 grain arrow at the 260 fps range. I have 2 other Oneida's that at the same draw weight of 65 lbs, these other two shoot the same 475 grain arrow at around 240 fps, over 20 fps slower than the Stealth which is quite a bit.[/align]